Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK.

I don't mean to be rude, but what is it about soccer, er...sorry, futbal that you guys see as so fanatically attractive?

Basically, a high scoring game is 2-0.

Oh.

Hold me back.....yet another meaningless shot on goal.

I don't get it.

Edited by GoodSpeak

OK.

I don't mean to be rude, but what is it about soccer, er...sorry, futbal that you guys see as so fanatically attractive?

Oh.

I don't get it.

A lot of people don't get baseball either, who cares.

Why is it North-Americans feel so threaten when people talk about that sport, you don't like it leave people who enjoy it alone. There are a lot of sports i can't stand watching, i don't go out of my way, telling people that they are watching a sport that i find boring.

Edited by Van Basten II

OK.

Oh.

I don't get it.

People say similar things about jazz all the time.

On a side note, I saw a film called "Green Street Holligans" recently. Not necessarily a great film, but for a North American such as myself living in a place where the Cubs / White Sox rivalry is considered intense, it was an interesting view into that side of the culture.

OK.

Oh.

I don't get it.

Why is it North-Americans feel so threaten when people talk about that sport, you don't like it leave people who enjoy it alone. There are a lot of sports i can't stand watching, i don't go out of my way, telling people that they are watching a sport that i find boring.

Well put.

Barcalona crushed Real Zaragoza yesterday with Leo Messi scoring twice in the first 10 minutes of the game. A work associate of mine based out of Buenos Aires told me that comparisons to Maradona are already starting to fly around Argentina.

Games to watch this weekend

Friday Shalke receives Hertha Berlin

Saturday the two current top team in Bundesliga meet when Bayer Leverkussen will try to cure the headaches that th Bayern Munich will inflict on them.

Also in the Calcio the same scenario will occur with both top teams Inter and Roma crossing path.

Sunday, i'm suggesting a game that over the years has offered a lot more fun than what you should expect considering the difference of level between these same city rivals. Juventus and Torino will meet in the late game in what could be a scorcher, it could also be a blowout, stay tuned.

A few games with spectacular results. In a game that i saw Inter away from home defeated convingly Roma 4-1. But the more spectacular results came from Portsmouth who defeated Reading 7-4. Think about it you scored 4 goals and you lost by three. Benjani scored a hat trick for the winners

My favourite german team Bremen did a number on Arminia Bielefeld winning by the margin of a touchdown 8 to 1.

At the moment i was writing this Barça and Thierry Henry with a hat trick were handling easily Levante by the score of 4-1.

At the moment i was writing this Barça and Thierry Henry with a hat trick were handling easily Levante by the score of 4-1.

Henry needed that. He's been off to a rough start in La Liga.

I'm starting to wonder if were going to see the breakup of these Barca titans sometime soon. They've been playing great without Eto'o and Ronaldinho, and have some excellent newcomers on the squad as well. Could be tempting to think about selling one (or more) of their superstars.

Henry needed that. He's been off to a rough start in La Liga.

I'm starting to wonder if were going to see the breakup of these Barca titans sometime soon. They've been playing great without Eto'o and Ronaldinho, and have some excellent newcomers on the squad as well. Could be tempting to think about selling one (or more) of their superstars.

Quite frankly, never really understood the grab all the superstars you can method, it maybe great for selling shirts but football wise it hardly makes sense. It is all good to have all these playmakers and gamebreakers but there is just one ball on the pitch for all these guys. Unless some of them accept to be specific role players, it could lead to squabblings in the dressing room.

Edited by Van Basten II

The Torino-Juventus game was quite a good competitive scrap, what it lacked in quality it sure did make up in intensity. When the Torino rivals meet you might as well throw the standings and the history of both clubs aside.

Still was a cruel ending for the less famed club to allow that goal at the end of the second half, great strike by Trezegol wish he would do that more often when he plays for the French squad. Once again football is very often deliciously unfair.

EPSN 2 is broadcasting the Manchester United / Roma Champions League match at 2:30 ET today!! I will get to watch it here at work on our monitors that usually show Headline News or CNBC all day. Very excited!! :)

Fun match! Very physical and exciting. A guy from Roma got carried out of the game (can't remember his name at the moment) and Christiano Ronaldo was bleeding from his head after taking an elbow in the final few minutes. The teams were really at each other's throats....Roma played hard, obviously having memories of that brutal 7-1 loss from last season. Wayne Rooney scored his first goal of the season. Man U is definitely a favorite to go far in the Champions League this year, provided they can stay healthy.

Mostly International action, this weekend, can't say that they are riveting matchers from the European qualifiers this weekend.

If you avoid checking out the results, you'll be able to watch on tape delay most of the South American qualifiers all week long, some games will be shown live.

Check the Gol TV site for more details.

Edited by Van Basten II

I'm not really a fan of the MLS, but at times I grow curious and am looking forward to watching the Chicago Fire/LA Galaxy match this afternoon. I guess they are playing for a playoff spot, and each team features a recently added foreign superstar (Blanco and Beckham). And as its on Telefutura, one can expect good commentating. I'll be flipping between this match and NFL games.

More Champions League action this Tuesday/Wednesday!!

Some fun Champions League action this week. The Barca/Rangers draw was a pretty exciting match. Leo Messi is already talking shit saying the Rangers play "anti-football"! But regardless, Rangers are still up there. Will be interesting to see how that group turns out.

Liverpool can't seem to catch a break either.

This weekend's EPL match between Chelsea and Manchester City should be fun.