Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good result for France who qualify without playing! :tup I am happy but with my partner being Scottish, the celebrations will be low key.... :cool:

I was at Hampden yesterday, we was robbed...as they say ...somewhere. First half was Italy's but the second was the Scots' by some distance, in my totally unbiased opinion. The final free-kick was travesty of justice.... but hey that's football. The Scottish players deserved to progress but it was a tough old group.......let's see how the auld enemy do next week........

the same way i enjoy seeing the Canadian National team lose in ice hockey...

Why on earth would you enjoy seeing Canada lose in hockey??? I take it you're not a Habs fan!

Cheers,

Shane

Actually i am since i'm from Montreal, but i just hate the attitude " We created the sport, , our way of playing is the only way and the tuggish attitude that comes with it."

What symbolizes it better that when Bobby Clarke slashed Valeri Kharlamov to put him out of harm in the 72 series. Was Kharlamov a saint, no way, but when your best move is to injure opponents to win, in a way you have already lost the battle.

Considering that prior to the series Canadians were supposed to wipe the floor with the USSR team and when it turned out they were in fact their equals. Revisionists made it like it was the greatest Canadian hockey win.

Edited by Van Basten II

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting weekend futbol wise.

In an hour or so second place Bremen receives third place Hamburg in a Bundesliga matchup.

In he late games today the Barcelonian derby will have a special interest with Espanyol looking to take over the third place by theuir city rivals FC Barcelona.

At the same time in Italy struggling AC Milan will receive Juventus in a big team duel.

Tomorrow the games to watch will be a pair of early games in Serie A with Fiorentina hosting the last year champs and current leading team Inter Milan. At the same time Roma and Udinese, currently tied in second place with Juventus, will meet.

Most games should be shown live in North-America except Roma-Udinese whose broadcast especially in Canada seems doubtful.

Edited by Van Basten II

Yep, talk about the group of death :bwallace:

Germans on the other seem to have a nice ride to the quarters.

Could have been worse they could have ended up taking the place of Romania in our group

Group A:

Switzerland

Czech Republic

Portugal

Turkey

Group B:

Austria

Croatia

Germany

Poland

Group C:

Holland

Italy

Romania

France

Group D:

Greece

Sweden

Spain

Russia

I was going to mention that tomorrow will be the last two days of Champions league action. Guess you beat me to it.

Among the other games to follow. Shalke-Rosenborg will fight for the last spot in their group.

Both games of the C group will be meaningful. Even Lazio has an outside chance, for my part i will be pulling for Bremen to get the away win and qualify.

Wednesday another French team will have to fight another UK team to get through the next round when Lyon will make the trip to Scotland to play the Rangers.

In the group G Fenerbahce and PSV will play while still having an eye on the scoreboard as they both will play teams that have already their fate decided.

The teams already through for the knockout round are Chelsea, AC Milan, Celtic, Barça, Roma, MU, Inter, Sevilla, Arsenal.

The three main league have already a strong representation, will some smaller sides survive the next few days ?

Edited by Van Basten II