Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Better match than I expected, particularly after the opening goal. It got interesting after the tying goal. Too bad Buffon couldn't have held onto the shot that Suarez buried. Juve fought till the end but not enough. Glad to see Xavi got into the match for his final match. He's had a hell of a career.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Netherlands 3 - 4 USA

Congratulations! I didn't watch the match, but I assume our defence was an embarrassment.

Defense was an embarrassment for both sides. With reasonably good finishing, the match could have been 10-9.

All four U.S. goals can be seen here: http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/us-vs-the-netherlands-general-postgame-thread-r.2020824/page-3#post-32356581

The Dutch defense on two of them was obviously terrible. On the John Brooks goal in particular, it's astonishing to watch what the defenders were doing. The Woods goal also featured very poor defending.

I have a feeling that Hiddink will make improvements for when it's time to play meaningful games.

• 2 weeks later...

Witnessed yesterday the gut wrenching defeat by the French against Germany in the women's world cup, great spectacle horrible result that ended up in a shootout  , shades of Sevilla 82 . Meanwhile the US girls did the business against a too conservative  Chinese squad. US will meet a very tired German side in the semis.

The Canada England game was slightly entertaining but the quality of the soccer is ok.  

Frankly, the Copa America is not great either.  Brasi had one beautiful scoring play against Paraguay but the rest of the time looked mediocre at best. 

Netherlands 3 - 4 USA

Congratulations! I didn't watch the match, but I assume our defence was an embarrassment.

Defense was an embarrassment for both sides. With reasonably good finishing, the match could have been 10-9.

All four U.S. goals can be seen here: http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/us-vs-the-netherlands-general-postgame-thread-r.2020824/page-3#post-32356581

The Dutch defense on two of them was obviously terrible. On the John Brooks goal in particular, it's astonishing to watch what the defenders were doing. The Woods goal also featured very poor defending.

I have a feeling that Hiddink will make improvements for when it's time to play meaningful games.

You should have seen Hiddink mumbling and fidgeting in front of the interviewer's camera on Dutch television at the start of this qualifying campaign. Changing back and forth between Van Gaal's World Cup 3-5-2 and the traditional 4-3-3 during the time of the first friendlies and qualifiers. It was embarrassing and frustrating to watch. Even an idiot like me who has never hit a ball straight in his life could see where this was headed and that confused geezer Hiddink was not the right man for the job.

Edited by erwbol

The Canada England game was slightly entertaining but the quality of the soccer is ok.  

Frankly, the Copa America is not great either.  Brasi had one beautiful scoring play against Paraguay but the rest of the time looked mediocre at best. 

The  better looking squads for beautiful play among the ladies were France, Germany and Japan.

The Germans did look horrible against the Bleuettes , whether they'll revert back to a better form against the US remains to be seen.Tonight's game is another final before the final as Germans  have a gautlet of tougher opponents to go through.

Edited by Van Basten II

Let's hope tonight is a good one.  I do agree that this is the final before the final.  A shame (unless you're English or Japanese) that this couldn't have been the final.

I see that Barcelona is close to signing Pogba.  Ouch (if you're a RM fan).  With Benitez as coach it could be a dry spell for a while.

Weren't Barca supposed to be banned of signing players ?

Regarding the US-Germany,  not much of a game  and even worse refereeing , not that the Yankettes didn't deserve the win but they were benificiery of calls that shouldn't have happened.

As a French fan, when Sasic missed her penalty, I screamed why didn't you do that the previous game and then called her a few names that traslation wouldn't do justice

Edited by Van Basten II

• 2 weeks later...

Here the city is Drogba, we expect a lot of people welcoming him at the airport today. Tickets and shirts sales are skyrocketting !   In MLS it's tonight the rather trivial All Star game  with a team of MLSers will face Tottenham, the league tries to make us believe that it means something. .

Domestic european action is starting this weekend as the pre season watlz of Super Cups iare making theiir first step, will be attending the French version of it this weekend as Lyon and Paris St-Germain will play in Montreal. Think of it Ibra and Drogba in the same week .plus Chelsea the last week  training in the brand new Montreal facilities, cool week to be a Montreal futbol fan.

Transfer wise PSG has been rather quiet this year so far, bigger name arriving is Strambouli !!!

Saturday Germany will play also play his brand of Super-Cup with the Bayern facing Wolfsburg and sunday the Community shield  an all London affair between Arsenal and Chelsea.

In MLS it's tonight the rather trivial All Star game  with a team of MLSers will face Tottenham, the league tries to make us believe that it means something. .

I love how they announced Gerrard as an all-star before he'd actually played in an MLS game.   I'll probably watch it though, meaningless as it is. 

Also, MUFC-PSG from Soldier Field is on tonight as well, FOX is airing it delayed after the ASG, so I'll record it and watch it tomorrow.

At least Steven G. has played a match, Lampard hadn't yet  finally he pulled out, only reason I think of watching it is Laurent Ciman who is becoming on of my favourite athletes , not only for what he he does on the pitch but also outside.

If you don't know the background story here's a link

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/06/24/family-first-montreal-impacts-laurent-ciman-uproots-life-daughter

Edited by Van Basten II