• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want Croatia in the final!

9 hours ago, brownie said:

Second victory for France. Still not really impressed with the team. It has potential, several great players but fails to show us how they could win this WC. 

They won't. Not yet. In 4 years it'll be theirs.

Messi never seems to enjoy himself with the national team. His demeanor during the playing of the national anthem was a tip off. Perhaps he should retire from the team. In a way, he’s not really Argentine in that he grew up in Spain and spends a considerable amount of time there. Maybe he should become a Spanish citizen. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Messi never seems to enjoy himself with the national team. His demeanor during the playing of the national anthem was a tip off. Perhaps he should retire from the team. In a way, he’s not really Argentine in that he grew up in Spain and spends a considerable amount of time there. Maybe he should become a Spanish citizen. 

He's got virtually no support from the midfield. Messi only touched the ball twice in the penalty box in the second half. Aquero touched the ball just 7 times in all of the 1st half, and none in the second. I'd throw away their coach right now, and install Messi as a playing coach. 

Croats were amazing tonight. The Modric goal....he made that douchebag Otamendi look a fool, and then...a beauty!

Edited by Dmitry

6 hours ago, Dmitry said:

He's got virtually no support from the midfield. Messi only touched the ball twice in the penalty box in the second half. Aquero touched the ball just 7 times in all of the 1st half, and none in the second. I'd throw away their coach right now, and install Messi as a playing coach. 

This doesn’t take away what I said above. As the saying goes you can fire the coach but not the players.  Moreover, the team is poor and are lucky to be here. I see Nigeria giving them a tough time. 

I didn't see a lot of the other two games -- the matchups weren't scintillating for me -- but I was glad to see Nigeria win. When Brasil plays Serbia, the ref should have a quick whistle because I'm sure the Serbs will try to be extremely physical and the ref needs to make sure Neymar isn't mugged. 

31 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

My top teams so far -

Spain

Portugal

Croatia

Mexico

Belgium (the best attacking force in the WC, and somewhat of a leaky defense, but they still win big in my book).

It's a do or die for Germany today. 

We will know better about Mexico after today`s litmus test vs South Korea ....