Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

It’s a shame Britain doesn’t have a combined team. It would be a heck of a team. 

Bale, absolutely. Ramsay maybe but I'm not sure who else would get into the current England team from any of the other sides?

8 minutes ago, Big Beat Steve said:

Wouldn't this require ALL the Home Nation divisions/premier leagues to be worked into ONE first? And how likely is that to happen?

Very unlikely, it's not in the PL's interest as no team from outside England would get in and the Scottish League isn't going to subsume itself and see Celtic struggle in the Championship and no longer have any chance of European football.

But we do manage to come together for the Olympics so there is precedent

11 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

If Yugoslavia had a unified team, they'd be wiping the floor with any team in the world right now. 

It would be good but not that good. Who would be the main striker? Still stuck with Mandzukic or Dzeko, both 32 years old. Croatia's attack and midfield with a few Serbs to strengthen midfield and defence. Can't think of too many players from other nations although I'm sure I'm missing someone

16 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

It would be good but not that good. Who would be the main striker? Still stuck with Mandzukic or Dzeko, both 32 years old. Croatia's attack and midfield with a few Serbs to strengthen midfield and defence. Can't think of too many players from other nations although I'm sure I'm missing someone

Don't forget the Kosovars. 

A horrible mistake by the goalie but I don’t think the result would have been any different. 

France is marching through Latin America. They started at the bottom of the Southern Hemisphere, marched northwards. Following this geographical progression, Brasil is the next one up :D

2 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I wasn't but unless you're including those naturalised to other countries who would be in the team?

All those, of course. Swiss, German, Belgian etc.

Rakitic could've been playing for Switzerland btw.

Edited by Dmitry

Just now, Dmitry said:

All those, of course. Swiss, German, Belgian etc.

Rakitic could've been playing for Switzerland btw.

Well, Ok, if you're including them it would be pretty useful. Still struggling to come up with a striker though :) Although the midfield would be so good the team wouldn't need one, maybe

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

A horrible mistake by the goalie but I don’t think the result would have been any different. 

France is marching through Latin America. They started at the bottom of the Southern Hemisphere, marched northwards. Following this geographical progression, Brasil is the next one up :D

Nice spot, Brad. And then, lose to their northern neighbours in the final ...

2 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Well, Ok, if you're including them it would be pretty useful. Still struggling to come up with a striker though :) Although the midfield would be so good the team wouldn't need one, maybe

Exactly!!

Three one three three. 

Croats are my faves for the final at this point. And Brazil.

Edited by Dmitry

55 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

Bale, absolutely. Ramsay maybe but I'm not sure who else would get into the current England team from any of the other sides?

Very unlikely, it's not in the PL's interest as no team from outside England would get in and the Scottish League isn't going to subsume itself and see Celtic struggle in the Championship and no longer have any chance of European football.

But we do manage to come together for the Olympics so there is precedent

The fact that this nation is represented by an England team is a reminder of just how disunited in fact the so-called United Kingdom is. And the profound division concerning our identity as Europeans which the Brexit fracas has revealed is an additional level of fragmentation. 

Anyway, I realise this is a football thread ... :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

They're screwed. I've thought that Belgium was the best team in this Cup and I'm not seeing anything to prove me wrong. 

it's gonna be difficult not to get screwed but i don't think they are screwed yet,

Well played Belgium, scintillating on the break and great defence and goalkeeping. Hazard won the battle of No.10s, Neymar's just a cheat. De Bruyne and Lukaku too good. I'm beginning to come round to Brad's way of thinking:)

WC to Europe

Edited by mjazzg

19 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I'm beginning to come round to Brad's way of thinking:)

WC to Europe

Scary! :D

If Belgium go to the final, we will have a new champion that has never won before or one that hasn’t won in a very, very long time.