intrusive and clueless....sad but true

Unless I totally misread the scenario, the lady really was clueless, as in a tourist, probably from somewhere where live music doesn't even exist, and was really a little flustered by her predicament of not knowing how to get to where she needed to get to.

I mean geez, who doesn't know how to get a cab other than a total "outsider"? That's pretty damn weird in and of itself, no? So I can't really call her "rude" per se, which is why I think the players were kinda laughing at it. One of those "surrealer than surreal" moments - a lady in the middle of Manhattan who doesn't know how to catch a cab (which leads one to ask - how did she even get there?) - that comes along every so often.

The lady is probably so clueless that she thinks that since they're just playing with their hands and not their mouths that it's no big deal for them to talk to her.

I've had people, more than a few, attempt to converse with me while I was playing, with a freaking mouthpiece in my mouth. They'll actually be asking wuestions and shit, like I can blow with one part of my mouth and talk with another. Now that's not just naively clueless, that's out and out ignunt.

You know what I do to people like that? I piss in their drinks when they're not looking. Square business.

You guys may be missing the point.

The lady asked "where is the BEST place to catch a cab"

As someone who spends a majority of his waking hours in Manhattan and knows how often it is difficult to find an unoccupied cab at times, this seems to me a totally legit question and one I have asked myself.

THe club where they were playing is open air and they were practically on the sidewalk.

that said, she was clueless in the sense that she was interrupting a performance, but that's no different from what most New Yorker do with their cellphones etc, while attending performances.

THe musicians should have just said "go away"

I was looking at it as her (both) interrupting a performance and for trite info (sorry) to boot. If she'd been asking for an ambulance or the Poelice, the interruption would've been forgivable, maybe. :) Like maybe if she was, you know, causing a disturbance by flopping around on the floor having some sort of seizure or something.