Mowing the Lawn

What is it with people mowing their lawns at 9:30 on a Sunday Morning ???

Last weekend it was 8:30 ...the neighbor to the left of us does his mowing and weed wacking on

Saturday morning around 9-10 ;right now the guy to the right of us is doing his lawn at 9:45 on

a Sunday morning .

Don't people sleep in anymore ?

Edited by zen archer

Well in the middle of the summer i will go 3 weeks without mowing the lawn , there is no need to

it goes dormant . My lawn will stay greener because of it , these guys next to me are Fanatics.

Yet another difference between here and there. With the rainy season in full "bloom" no one can go much more than a week here or the grass will be so thick and long it will choke the life out of the mower.

Well, in south Florida, you better get your yard work done early in the AM or risk heat stroke by sleeping in.

I have one neighbor that sends his kid out at night to do the lawn , the kid holds a flashlight while he mows!

My wife got sick of the lawn one late afternoon and decided to get it cut in the fading daylight, until she struck a brick left on our side by the neighbor kid - scared the hell out of her and cost the neighbors a blade sharpening and engine servicing.

Why?

Getting up early is great because you're human a lot earlier than you otherwise would be. When I was at work, I used to think that was more important on weekends - after all, the other days, you're only going to work.

MG

:tup:tup:tup

Why?

Getting up early is great because you're human a lot earlier than you otherwise would be. When I was at work, I used to think that was more important on weekends - after all, the other days, you're only going to work.

MG

Yea i agree ....but this is a post about showing a little respect for your neighbors , we were up at 8 this morning

and never really sleep in. All i'm saying is can we have a little quiet on a Sunday morning , sit around

read the paper , listen to some music wthout the constant concerto of buzzing lawn mowers ?

i

Why?

MG

Yea i agree ....but this is a post about showing a little respect for your neighbors , we were up at 8 this morning

and never really sleep in. All i'm saying is can we have a little quiet on a Sunday morning , sit around

read the paper , listen to some music wthout the constant concerto of buzzing lawn mowers ?

i

Oh, I see. Well, if you have neighbours, you have to put up with them and they have to put up with you. If you can talk to them in a civilised way, that may help. But it may not.

Our neighbours on one side have a dog - used to bark all day long when they were out. I didn't mind - I had the hifi on loud. But the neighbours behind us hated the noise. Wife behind us (nice lady) tried to talk to wife with barking dog (RAF), which led to war; police, local council environment office. Dog quiet now; grown up a bit, I suspect.

MG

(PS RAF=rough as fuck)

If given the choice I'd rather mow the lawn early on as opposed to later in the day or after dinner. That said, 8 or 9 a.m. is pretty darn early especially on a Sunday. The grass can be pretty wet from the overnight and I just don't feel like dealing with the mower getting constantly clogged with grass. Usually I'll wait to at least 10 a.m.

Edited by Tom 1960

Real men use push mowers... in the heat... until they reach the age where they start paying somebody else to do it. ;)

I don't quite get the comment about lawns going dormant during the Summer. Around here, that only happens in the dead of Winter.

Life would be wonderful if everybody saw that 10 a.m. barrier as reasonable. There are some pro gardeners around here that sometimes get started before 8 (not to mention tree trimmers, garbage trucks, etc etc etc). Oh well, I'm pretty used to it- no more sleeping in for us old guys. The biggest noise problem we have is our new neighbor (next door), who is not only a motorcycle fanatic, but his house is the hub of activity for his little cycle gang. Rev, rev, REV REV REV!!! ... ride around the block, come back... Rev, rev, REV REV REV!!! ... ride around the block, come back... Rev, rev, REV REV REV!!! ... ride around the block, come back... <_<

My green lawn-loving, chemical spreadin' neighbor likes to fire up his gas-powered blower on Sunday mornings.

Just a lawn mower wouldn't be so bad in comparison -- it's the constant revving of the blower that makes me want to strangle him. Most of the time he's just blowing his driveway! :rmad:

Real men use push mowers... in the heat... until they reach the age where they start paying somebody else to do it. ;)

I don't quite get the comment about lawns going dormant during the Summer. Around here, that only happens in the dead of Winter.

Life would be wonderful if everybody saw that 10 a.m. barrier as reasonable. There are some pro gardeners around here that sometimes get started before 8 (not to mention tree trimmers, garbage trucks, etc etc etc). Oh well, I'm pretty used to it- no more sleeping in for us old guys. The biggest noise problem we have is our new neighbor (next door), who is not only a motorcycle fanatic, but his house is the hub of activity for his little cycle gang. Rev, rev, REV REV REV!!! ... ride around the block, come back... Rev, rev, REV REV REV!!! ... ride around the block, come back... Rev, rev, REV REV REV!!! ... ride around the block, come back... <_<

Around here lawns go dormant during the summer the combo of heat and NO rain.The vast majority of lawns in our area consist of cool-season grasses, such as Kentucky bluegrass, These grasses naturally slow down and may go dormant in the heat of summer; thus they do not need lots of extra care for the next several weeks.

Since your first name is Zen, I don't see a problem.

Zen is a school of Mahāyāna Buddhism notable for its emphasis on practice and experiential wisdom—particularly as realized in the form of meditation known as zazen—in the attainment of awakening.

I'd rather not be awaken by Toro!

Since your first name is Zen, I don't see a problem.

Zen is a school of Mahāyāna Buddhism notable for its emphasis on practice and experiential wisdom—particularly as realized in the form of meditation known as zazen—in the attainment of awakening.

I'd rather not be awaken by Toro!

Gee, you are much deeper than I thought.