Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel

7/4

Well, needless to say, the cooking is a little "uneven." Some parts burnt, some raw. And again, as the honored guest, Bourdain is offered the most desirable part of the hog. .... (wait for it) ........... the anus!!!!! And it's not fully cooked!!!!!!!!

Doh! Ya gotta cook the shit outta those things!!

Or at least wash it very well. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched it a few times. I'm not that open minded and dude gets on my nerves a little, but it's not a bad show.

I much prefer Anthony Bourdain's show "No Reservations". I like a guy that complains about his head hurting from lack of oxygen while at the top of a mountain in Shanghai and than proceeds to light a cigarette.

IMG_4893.JPG

So in between tennis, I was flipping around and No Reservations is on and Bourdain is covering Ireland. This show is cool as shit! Nothing like watching him on a train in the morning on his way to Dublin, and the man cracks open a can of Guinness to wash down his breakfast!

Sure wish I would've caught the Cleveland episode.

Cleveland was a great episode.

Bourdain hung out with Michael Ruhlman, Marky Ramone and Harvey Pekar.

You can see the episode comic book by clicking here.

Thanks for posting that. I missed the Cleveland episode, but I've been watching reruns of previous No Reservations. The thing I like about the show is that he comes across as a real person and there's a lot of true humanity on the episodes I've seen.

I wonder what Bourdain's secret is? He sure doesn't put on any weight, considering the amounts of food and alchohol he appears to consume on camera. I don't want to assume that he does a lot of illegal substances, but ....

Dude is allegedly a recovering drug addict.