A Modest Proposal

Alexander

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately, none of us can control how anyone else posts.

I don't think that's unfortunate - I think it's grand. We're all just people here and we have our foibles and our irritating hobby horses, which we never fail to mention at least once a month - it's instead of PMT :) and sometimes our tone leaves much to be desired. And so what? If we were in a bar, blows might occur. Here they don't and that's a damn sight better.

I agree entirely. That was just a rhetorical "unfortunately," meaning "unfortunately for your purposes."

Living the message board life can teach us a lot of lessons about picking one's battles, the sin of pride, and many other useful things like that. Hey, maybe I should write a self-help book: "Building Character Through Message Boards"...

I don't want Clem banned, btw, just held accountable for the stuff he says. You know, the way I always end up being held accountable and all that.

The only way people are "held accountable" on a bulletin board is for other people to reply with their arguments or reproaches. That's what you do to clem, so in that sense you are "holding him responsible." I think you want more people to do the same--but unfortunately, none of us can control how anyone else posts. You want others to back you up against clem and do it publicly. If they don't, what are you going to do? What can you do? Again, my advice is--drop it. Ignore him. Let it go.

Quite right, Tom. Very good advice. I thank you.

It's only a chat forum, not a Cosmic Clash Between Good And Evil To Determine The Future Of Humankind And Their Music,

I must be in the wrong forum then. :lol:^_^

Wellsir, it took me many, many years to realize that, but now that I have....

Too late to turn back now! ;)

Sometimes it's hard to face the truth ..... ;)