Zep reforming?

Aggie87

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always blamed Led Zeppelin for giving us the bad-white-guy-lead-singer-who-thinks-he's-singing-the-blues type of group that ultimately resulted in Aerosmith. Just bad tonsillectomy singing and all-encompassing pseudo-sturm and drang excess.

just my opinion, of course.

Tyler is a Jagger wannabe --- big lips and all!!! Now there's another white guy singing the pseudo blues.

• 2 years later...

Is this ever going to come out on DVD? or am I going to be stuck with the aud recording for the rest of my life?

The big rumor going around is that this concert is finally going to be released. It HAS to be true! the Led Zeppelin Facebook page is counting down each day right now, with two more days to go. If it's on the internet, it has to be true, right? Maybe Jimmy "Mr-take-all-the-freakin'-time-to-remaster-anything-to-your-insane-standards-until-no-one-gives-a-darn-anymore-that-it's-coming-out" Page is finally happy with the DVD quality. rolleyes.gif

Is this ever going to come out on DVD? or am I going to be stuck with the aud recording for the rest of my life?

The big rumor going around is that this concert is finally going to be released. It HAS to be true! the Led Zeppelin Facebook page is counting down each day right now, with two more days to go. If it's on the internet, it has to be true, right? Maybe Jimmy "Mr-take-all-the-freakin'-time-to-remaster-anything-to-your-insane-standards-until-no-one-gives-a-darn-anymore-that-it's-coming-out" Page is finally happy with the DVD quality. rolleyes.gif

It's about fucking time.

Actually it's in time for the holidays.

Given the type of editing that's been done in the past with live release I'm impressed it only took 5 years. I'm wondering how long it will take for The Garden Tapes site to figure it all out, um, assuming O2 is being released. Oh, and I don't intend that to sound snarky as I'm all in favor of creating something out of live tapes that's better than the reality of the show, though I do think it was a mistake to erase Plant's dippy yet brilliant between song patter on past releases.

I'm looking forward to a DVD, no time for the movie house.

My thoughts also, don't want to be in a movie theater with a bunch of people trying to recapture the supposed feel of a Zep concert -- been there, done that, back in the 70s. No way that feel will ever come back, it was almost an act of rebellion to attend one of their concerts back then (well, as teenagers, at least we thought it was). Will by the DVD though....

My thoughts also, don't want to be in a movie theater with a bunch of people trying to recapture the supposed feel of a Zep concert -- been there, done that, back in the 70s. No way that feel will ever come back, it was almost an act of rebellion to attend one of their concerts back then (well, as teenagers, at least we thought it was). Will by the DVD though....

I literally don't have the time.

Anyway, I saw the the original Song Remains the Same at the Zigfield Theatre in NYC when it came out. It was a party. :lol:

I've always blamed Led Zeppelin for giving us the bad-white-guy-lead-singer-who-thinks-he's-singing-the-blues type of group that ultimately resulted in Aerosmith. Just bad tonsillectomy singing and all-encompassing pseudo-sturm and drang excess.

just my opinion, of course.

Tyler is a Jagger wannabe --- big lips and all!!! Now there's another white guy singing the pseudo blues.

I remember reading many years ago that Tyler was an early adopter of Lip plastic surgery, or something like that, to accentuate the Jagger look. That could just be a dirty lie though. I read it in Creem magazine.

Edited by freelancer

I literally don't have the time.

Anyway, I saw the the original Song Remains the Same at the Zigfield Theatre in NYC when it came out. It was a party. :lol:

Back in the days when seeing film of 'certain Rock Gods' was not an everyday thing :D

I saw it first when I was Seventeen. A few years after the bands demise. Seeing Jimmy Page play the 'violin bow' seemed so 'deep' back then :lol:

'Since I've Been Loving You' is still one of my favourite blues/rock solo's though :)

"Zep reforming" Does this mean that they will no longer misbehave and stop claiming credit for things they didn't write? And, yes, we have been round this mulberry bush before...

Apparently, even 'Since I've Been Loving You' was a rip off of ZZ Tops 'Jesus Just Left Chicago' :)

With Moby Grape factoring in there also... dry.gif

"Zep reforming" Does this mean that they will no longer misbehave and stop claiming credit for things they didn't write? And, yes, we have been round this mulberry bush before...

Apparently, even 'Since I've Been Loving You' was a rip off of ZZ Tops 'Jesus Just Left Chicago' :)

With Moby Grape factoring in there also... dry.gif

Oh dear! They were incorrigible.

Edited by freelancer