Zep reforming?

Aggie87

I hope it's a concert and not some half hour set. Looking forward to the boots and the DVD.

From NME.com:

Promoter Harvey Goldsmith said at the moment the band "have no plans to tour but hopes they will". He added they were enjoying working together again and were currently planning a two-hour set for the gig.
:tup

For some reason, Foreigner doesn't quite "fit" on this bill, though.

Edited by Aggie87

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's a concert and not some half hour set. Looking forward to the boots and the DVD.

From NME.com:

Promoter Harvey Goldsmith said at the moment the band "have no plans to tour but hopes they will". He added they were enjoying working together again and were currently planning a two-hour set for the gig.

:tup

Dam...that was even in the NME bit I posted. WTF is wrong with me? :rfr

At any rate, I look forward to checking it out.

• 1 month later...

A band consisting of Chris Squire, Rick Wakeman, Keith Emerson (ex-ELP; keys) and Simon Kirke (ex-Free, Bad Company; drums) will be among the openers at the Ahmet Ertegün memorial show in London on 26 Nov. One report has that they will be playing just one song, ELP's version of "Fanfare for the Common Man". Another report did not mention what material they will perform, but added Paul Rodgers (Queen + Paul Rodgers, ex-The Firm, ex-Free, Bad Company; vocals) to the line-up.

Ertegün signed Yes to Atlantic and was an influential figure through the band's history; Emerson and Kirke also recorded for him at Atlantic. The memorial show has become famous as a reunited Led Zeppelin are headlining. The bill also includes Bill Wyman (ex-The Rolling Stones) and the Rhythm Kings playing by themselves and backing Pete Townshend (The Who), Foreigner, and Paolo Nutini. The show is raising money for the Ahmet Ertegün Education Fund, which pays for university scholarships in the US, UK and Turkey.

Rick Wakeman AND Keith Emerson together?? :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...

Pagey broke a fingertip, so the show has been delayed until Dec. 10th. I have a friend who is flying from the US to see it. Looks like he'll have some scrambling to do.

MSNBC link

"LONDON - Led Zeppelin fans awaiting the rockers' reunion will have to wait a little longer.

The band's first concert in two decades, scheduled for Nov. 26, has been postponed until Dec. 10 after guitarist Jimmy Page fractured a finger, organizers said Friday.

"I am disappointed that we are forced to postpone the concert by two weeks," Page said in a statement.

"However, Led Zeppelin have always set very high standards for ourselves, and we feel that this postponement will enable my injury to properly heal, and permit us to perform at the level that both the band and our fans have always been accustomed to."

Led Zeppelin, who split up in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham, announced in September they were reuniting for a one-off show. The lineup includes Page, singer Robert Plant and bass player John Paul Jones, along with Bonham's son Jason.

More than 1 million fans entered a draw for a chance to buy one of the 10,000 tickets to the concert at London's O2 Arena, a tribute to Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun, who died last year. The lineup also includes former Rolling Stone Bill Wyman, Foreigner and young Scottish singer Paolo Nutini.

Organizers said tickets for the Nov. 26 gig will be honored at the rescheduled show."

• 2 weeks later...

do you guys understand how in the 70s amhet ertugun not only made american music, he INTODUCED genesis, yes and elp TO america, and these bands owed him a lot and never forgot it throughout their careers.

Dude, I grew up during the '70s, so, yes, I do know.......

Call me cynical, but I wonder if the "broken fingertip" is code for: "We suck now and we need some more time to practice and get our sh** together."?

Edited by Matthew

Call me cynical, but I wonder if the "broken fingertip" is code for: "We suck now and we need some more time to practice and get our sh** together."?

With the added element of "We better make this show as great as possible or millions of people will not shell out hundreds of dollars to see us on our world your."

With the added element of "We better make this show as great as possible or millions of people will not shell out hundreds of dollars to see us on our world your."

Or perhaps the added element is "We better make this show just a bit better than awful, with a few moments where it is pretty good, so that millions of suckers will think that a tipping point of sorts has been met, and will shell out hundreds of dollars to see us on our world tour."

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how much the DVD set is going to cost?

I hope there is one.

If the show sucks, we can get it for free as a boot!

There's supposed to be a DVD. Whether it'll take a year to be released because Jimmy will want to do overdubs is the question. :lol:

With the stories of Comcast trying to slow down bit torrent traffic I wonder if they'll have a special team ready to go today. The torrent site servers are going to get hit hard tonight!

Complete setlist - don't want to spoil it for anyone if they don't wanna know.

Good Times Bad Times

Ramble On

Black Dog

In My Time of Dying

For Your Life

Trampled Underfoot

Custard Pie

Nobody's Fault But Mine

No Quarter

Since I've Been Loving You

Dazed and Confused

Stairway To Heaven

The Song Remains The Same

Misty Mountain Hop

Kashmir

---

Whole Lotta Love

Rock And Roll

A quote from nme.com:

"The crowd is going wild inside the O2. People are hugging strangers, some are crying, some are punching the air with joy. This must be the rock n roll equivalent of winning the world cup."

Edited by Aggie87