WTB - Paul Gonsalves "Boom-Jackie-Boom-Chick" on CD

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall that - Zoltan / brian123... on eBay - had a copy of that and other s released that same week up for auction that he advertised here a couple weeks back. You might try to contact him off board? But I believe his price was $25 for starters and then $6 plus for shipping, so already beyond the budget.

It went for $33. I'm not that worried. It's not that I think this will be some kind of kick-ass date, but I just dig Gonsalves. He didn't make a lot dates under his own name so I try to get the ones that are out there. I wish UMG (Japan) had said that they were only pressing 10 copies. :D

It's not even listed on hmv.co.jp! Normally UCC* reissues are available for much longer, often a couple of years at least. The Gonsalves must have been pressed in very low quantities indeed.

However, sometimes UCC* reissues are "reissued" a year later or so. We can hope. This was one I would have wanted myself, but I had no idea it could go that quickly.

I'm really curious if the "jones" for this record was spawned by the "blogger" burn offered. 'Fess up!

I actually consider myself a bit of a PC geek, but I don't get what a "blogger burn" is. What's that about, Chuck?

I'd rather not get a burn. I want the real CD. I guess that makes me old fashioned. :D

Kevin

If you google the album name you will see the link to a certain blog that has a link to an mp3 download of the album. I think that's what Chuck's referring to .

I had the good fortune to snag a copy of this cd with a preorder at cdjapan. It's really nice. I'm amazed that it is already out of print - I only received mine at the end of July.

Edited by Pete B

Oh crap - now Hiroshi just informed that his order for Ronnie Ross's "Cleopatra's Needle" got cancelled. I knew I should have ordered that from Dusty Groove last week. Hiroshi said it was available, so I believed him. I'm a bit disappointed that he said he could get it and then didn't. This is the first time he did this to me.

I wonder if I should pre-order those Miles Davis SACDs?

If you google the album name you will see the link to a certain blog that has a link to an mp3 download of the album. I think that's what Chuck's referring to .

I had the good fortune to snag a copy of this cd with a preorder at cdjapan. It's really nice. I'm amazed that it is already out of print - I only received mine at the end of July.

I'd never heard of this album before seeing it on that blog. No mention at all on AMG and was unaware of a recent CD release.

I'm a bit disappointed that he said he could get it and then didn't. This is the first time he did this to me.

I suppose he can't really help the order being cancelled. "Cleopatra's Needle" was the first CD ever I've pre-ordered from Japan. FWIW I think it's decent, but a bit hyped-up. It's still listed as 'in stock' at Amazon.

Which Amazon? I couldn't find it.

He's talking about "Cleopatra's Needle", not "Boom-Jackie-Boom-Chick". It's listed as "In stock" for $33. I don't know. I just can't bring myself to spend $36 for a CD today. I was hesitant to go to $32.

BTW, the amazon.com listing for "Boom-Jackie-Boom-Chick" says "Delivery in 6 to 8 weeks". Ain't happening.

Oh crap - now Hiroshi just informed that his order for Ronnie Ross's "Cleopatra's Needle" got cancelled.

Another one where the Japanese CD is as elusive as the vinyl. The Japanese Fontana vinyl of this one got snapped up pronto too.

I really screwed up by not buying this or the Gonzalves LPs when they were available as reissues.

D'oh!

Caiman has is for $30,46 (plus shipping) so that comes near your price.

Caiman never stocks anything. You'll place the order, they'll charge your credit card and put an order in with their supplier then leave you with nothing for 6-9 months. Next, you'll have to start e-mailing them mercilessly to get them to credit your account. Do yourself a favor and avoid them.

Of all my orders with them (a lot believe me) only once I've had this happened to me. All the other orders came to me within reasonable time. Maybe I am lucky or the items weren't that hard to get, but I'm completely satisfied with their service. The item they didn't get was refunded without me asking about it.

Caiman has is for $30,46 (plus shipping) so that comes near your price.

Caiman never stocks anything. You'll place the order, they'll charge your credit card and put an order in with their supplier then leave you with nothing for 6-9 months. Next, you'll have to start e-mailing them mercilessly to get them to credit your account. Do yourself a favor and avoid them.

This has happened quite a few times to me too with orders from Caiman. Never again.

Edited by J.A.W.

• 4 years later...

Oh crap - now Hiroshi just informed that his order for Ronnie Ross's "Cleopatra's Needle" got cancelled. I knew I should have ordered that from Dusty Groove last week.

I was checking out the web and saw that Hiroshi got in some more copies of Ronnie Ross's "Cleopatra's Needle" so I finally have this CD winging itself my way. It took 4 years but I got one. :)

BTW, I'm still in the hunt for an affordable copy of Paul Gonsalves's "Boom Jackie, Boom Chick".