WTB - Paul Gonsalves "Boom-Jackie-Boom-Chick" on CD

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just took another three attempts - this really sucks, no way I get beyond the "Enter Shipping Address" step ... no answer yet from customer service, but I'm surely not using Chinese characters. Anyone here been able to order using either Opera or Firefox as browsers? I don't feel like installing another one just to find out it's not working there either.

Also, the site is extremely slow.

Dang! Found I have Google Chrome and all of a sudden, there's this pink "use this address button" that isn't displayed with the other two browsers (but mousing over that era, the cursor does show there's a link - though how could I have known). Hate those flash and other crap sites. Now I need to find a third disc that doesn't push this over the limit, not sure that will work. otherwise it's just these two, which will be good enough even though rather pricey!

Dang! Found I have Google Chrome and all of a sudden, there's this pink "use this address button" that isn't displayed with the other two browsers (but mousing over that era, the cursor does show there's a link - though how could I have known). Hate those flash and other crap sites. Now I need to find a third disc that doesn't push this over the limit, not sure that will work. otherwise it's just these two, which will be good enough even though rather pricey!

if you still need a "third cd" (remember you were interested in Zeitlin some time ago....) :

Live At The Trident [Limited Pressing] Denny Zeitlin

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICP-4219

Round Trip [Limited Pressing] Sadao Watanabe

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICP-4233

Thx, I added the Owens/Barrons Atlantic - had to be a cheap one, all others I tried made the total too much to slip past the custom naz*s.

But yeah, I've noticed the Zeitlin and plan to get it!

Btw, only hmv.co.jp has those two it seems - they have the Zeitlin as well, but it would have been a few cents too much in the end.

Well done in getting an order placed....I can never get past the "use this address" page even with Google Chrome!

Unfortunately for me, if CDJapan doesn't have it then neither do I!

Well done in getting an order placed....I can never get past the "use this address" page even with Google Chrome!

Unfortunately for me, if CDJapan doesn't have it then neither do I!

Well, somewhere underneath the address fields, there ought to be a pink button that moves you ahead to the next step - it's not displayed here when using Opera or Firefox, but in Chrome it was there ... I hit it once, than shut Chrome and was able proceed in Opera as well, that step was just skipped as I guess the address was automatically saved as default.

Try mousing around at the bottom of the address/mail/phone fields and wait for the cursor symbol to change (as it does when you mouse over links or buttons) and then click there ... might do the trick, if Chrome doesn't help you either.

Hope you can manage! Seems their prices on some items are better than CDJapan's, too ... and that buy 3 thing and get a reduction is cool, too!

I think you all will really enjoy this record. It's a killer.

You're talking of the Gonsalves I assume? I've heard it, and I fully agree!

Looking forward to having a proper reissue of it! Same for the Ronnie Ross ... couw made me a copy of that one, many moons agon, and it's really good as well!

Just got my shipping notification, yippie ki-yay!

(And put in another order for a couple of Red Garlands, an Arnett Cobb and that Freddie McCoy one that all seem to be OOP and no longer in stock at CDjapan.)

Any luck, Head Man?

I'll try HMV again when I have another order that CDJapan can't fulfill. I'm really pleased with the service at CDJapan and they also operate a 'points' system which means I usually get a small discount every time I use them.

I came home to a package from HMV and I'm happy to say that after 7 years or searching, I am finally spinning Paul Gonsalves' "Boom-Jackie-Boom-Chick". It came to ~$20 with the discount, including the shipping. It sounds very good to my old ears. The piano sounds out of tune or like some rinky-dink piano in a couple of places but that's probably on the master.

(And put in another order for a couple of Red Garlands, an Arnett Cobb and that Freddie McCoy one that all seem to be OOP and no longer in stock at CDjapan.)

Any luck, Head Man?

which Red Garland`s did you order :w ??

some of the many I don't have yet :w:crazy::P

Red Garland Revisited! and It`s A Blue World

Any luck, Head Man?

some of the many I don't have yet :w:crazy:

good choices, especially dig "It´s a Blue World" (btw has a really good cover art too !!)....

some of the many I don't have yet :w:crazy:

good choices, especially dig "It´s a Blue World" (btw has a really good cover art too !!)....

I don't have too many of Red Garland's Prestiges yet ... half a dozen maximum, but it seems he churned them out almost monthly ... those two do look good (and I think according to CDJapan some of these japanese OJC reissues are already out of print).