Membership Deletion

Guest Chaney

If a member -- for personal reasons -- asks the board administrator to delete his (the requester's) membership, should the board administrator comply?

(Consider this my second request.)

...should the board administrator comply?

I guess there are reasons for you wanting to terminate your membership, and I think it should be done if it's not too difficult, technically, but I suppose it would be troublesome if you want your posts to go away as well. I hope all is well with you, though.

Edited by Daniel A

If a member -- for personal reasons -- asks the board administrator to delete his (the requester's) membership, should the board administrator comply?

(Consider this my second request.)

If you do leave, then I wish you well, but it will be very unfortunate. You've always seemed like a very nice guy, from way back in the BNBB days until now.

I believe I successfully removed myself from that snake pit briefly known as the "corner". It took some time and effort, but it was well worth it. I assume that you have a less volatile reason for wanting out, but I wish you would stay. If there are posts you regret having made, simply delete them yourself. I still have serious resentments against the O head (whom I personally liked), but his poor judgement (imho) funked the air. I only took a short leave, however, because what so turned me off is outweighed by the level of discussion O's membership offers. :)

I have no problem with deleting an account, but I think it is unfair to the community to ask that all posts be removed as well. I've deleted, by request, the accounts of other members before (one of which had a change of heart and wanted me to re-link all his old posts, which I have tried unsuccessfully to do), but the posts, imo, are part of the community.

I have no problem with deleting an account, but I think it is unfair to the community to ask that all posts be removed as well.... the posts, imo, are part of the community.

A valid point, but I still think that posters should have the second thoughts option when it comes to posts, but not threads that have received responses. Then, of course, we all have the ability to edit rather than delete or words.

I have no problem with deleting an account, but I think it is unfair to the community to ask that all posts be removed as well. I've deleted, by request, the accounts of other members before (one of which had a change of heart and wanted me to re-link all his old posts, which I have tried unsuccessfully to do), but the posts, imo, are part of the community.

That sounds reasonable.

...and anyway, the posts will survive forever...at the mirror site at NSA :ph34r: