Where's Dmitry?

paul secor

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are more members from the early days who don't post here anymore, Todd ("Out to Lunch"), Michael Fitzgerald, kinuta (who was a member of the BNBB under a different handle), etc., and I haven't seen weizen around here for a while either.

Who knows? It could be a sense of "what is there left to say?" I know I'm getting to that point. There not much more I can say about the musicians that love, so I wind up spending most of my time talking about baseball, and posting in What I'm Listening to Right Now? and it's starting to get old, and has been for awhile....

There are more members from the early days who don't post here anymore, Todd ("Out to Lunch"), Michael Fitzgerald, kinuta (who was a member of the BNBB under a different handle), etc., and I haven't seen weizen around here for a while either.

....or Jim Dye :rolleyes:

let's not forget tjobbe... <_<

AfricaBrass went through some difficult times job-wise two years back, and I suspect that he has other things on his mind, although it's worrying that he has not replied to messages from anyone around here since then.

Dmitry relocated from NY a year ago and may be occupied on his new location.

Weizen is "taking a break" but should return. I believe he's also been away on vacation for several weeks.

Are there specific reasons why Todd, Michael, and others haven't been around - i.e. why they don't like us anymore - or has life simply gotten in the way of their free time? I certainly understand the latter - there are several boards that I have dropped over the years due to the waning of interests and the lack of time - but if it's someone or something about this place that's irked them and/or driven them away I'd be curious to know what it so that we might be able to address their concerns.

Weizen is "taking a break" but should return. I believe he's also been away on vacation for several weeks.

Are there specific reasons why Todd, Michael, and others haven't been around - i.e. why they don't like us anymore - or has life simply gotten in the way of their free time? I certainly understand the latter - there are several boards that I have dropped over the years due to the waning of interests and the lack of time - but if it's someone or something about this place that's irked them and/or driven them away I'd be curious to know what it so that we might be able to address their concerns.

Out to Lunch had some health issues. I'd hope (and understand ;) ) that in his case he just got tired of the place rather than an illness getting over on him.

The board in general hasn't seemed quite as busy to me for the past several months, but that's purely anecdotal, haphazard observation.

Is DrJ still in the house?

I think I've shared this before, but I'll say it again. In my opinion, if the place seems less active and more quiet, it is probably a direct result of what happens when you lose people like we are speaking of in this thread.

With them goes a lot of the jokes, jibes, personalities, and character.

What did Robert Plant say?

Oh yeah, "does anyone remember laughter"? :)

AfricaBrass went through some difficult times job-wise two years back, and I suspect that he has other things on his mind, although it's worrying that he has not replied to messages from anyone around here since then.

His last post dates from January 12, 2006.

I've talked with AB in the past 30 days. He has just moved on with his life....new city, new job and appears to be settling in fine. He's a good man!!!

m~