upcoming chicago events

• 10 years later...

Going to Chicago at the end of August and stumbled on this interesting event: Red Bull Music Presents: Round Robin @ Thalia Hall

On August 30th at Thalia Hall, Red Bull Music will welcome a diverse and accomplished group of musicians, artists, and performers to participate in a unique event of live improvisation, entitled Red Bull Music Presents: Round Robin. A wide-ranging cast of performers who either reside in Chicago, are from Chicago or have deep Chicago roots, like celebrated master saxophonist Roscoe Mitchell, singer/pianist and Noname musical director Akenya, cellist Katinka Kleijn of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, producer and DJ The Twilite Tone, breakbeat poet and activist Kevin Coval, and drummer/producer Makaya McCraven, will perform on stage.

Artists:
Akenya, Angela Bat Dawid, Ben LaMar Gay, Haley Fohr, Jaime Fennelly, Jeff Parker, JoVia Armstrong, Katinka Kleijn, Kevin Coval, Lisa E Harris, Matana Roberts, Matchess, Matthew Lux, Makaya McCraven, The Twilite Tone

Tickets: FIVE DOLLARS!

9 hours ago, BFrank said:

Tickets: FIVE DOLLARS!

Unbelievable! That's got to be worth a visit, lucky you if it coincides with your trip

Some really good names in there that I recognise from International Anthem releases and elsewhere and a good number I don't recognise at all

Edited by mjazzg

4 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Unbelievable! That's got to be worth a visit, lucky you if it coincides with your trip

Some really good names in there that I recognise from International Anthem releases and elsewhere and a good number I don't recognise at all

Yes - I'll be there! Already spent the "big bucks" on 2 tickets ($16.96 w/fees :o).