Help Me Name my Cats

robviti

Jazz Cats  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i can't imagine naming cats anything without knowing their personalities! sorry but that makes perfect sense to me.

most people don't seem to have much trouble naming their children at birth. imo, pet names are little more than labels we humans use for convenience and sometimes for amusement. this is all of little interest or consequence to the animal. what does matter to me very much are the communications (most of it nonverbal) that exist between human and animal companions. those communications, along with the relationships between all three of us, will be heavily influenced by our individual personalities, i assure you.

^ ^

o o

=o=

(---)

naming children beforehand is a completely different issue with different reasons/legalities, etc. but i agree with everything else you've said in your post and i'm sure you're a great dad!

and the winners are:

max (roach) viti and sonny (rollins) viti! :party:

i originally named max "zoot" 'cause i like the name a lot. whenever i wanted his attention, however, i kept wanting to say "max." i dunno, he just looks more like a max. btw, max is mostly black, but has white whiskers, white paws, and a white chin that continues down to his chest in a "v." very dapper looking. sonny is all grey with beautiful gold eyes. i hadn't really thought of the physical resemblance, but the real newk does have a similar coiffure. pictures will follow when i get hold of a digital camera, for those who might be interested.

and the winners are:

max (roach) viti and sonny (rollins) viti! :party:

i originally named max "zoot" 'cause i like the name a lot. whenever i wanted his attention, however, i kept wanting to say "max." i dunno, he just looks more like a max. btw, max is mostly black, but has white whiskers, white paws, and a white chin that continues down to his chest in a "v." very dapper looking. sonny is all grey with beautiful gold eyes. i hadn't really thought of the physical resemblance, but the real newk does have a similar coiffure. pictures will follow when i get hold of a digital camera, for those who might be interested.

:tup

I was going to suggest naming them Frick & Frack or Slick & Retread, but you were so hell-bent on jazz names.... :lol:

I was going to suggest naming them Frick & Frack or Slick & Retread, but you were so hell-bent on jazz names.... :lol:

from wicked-pee-dia:

Frick and Frack were two Swiss skaters who came to the U.S. and joined the original Ice Follies show as comedy ice skaters. "Frick" was Werner Groebli, born April 21, 1915, in Basel, Switzerland. "Frack" was Hansreudi (Hans) R. Mauch, May 4, 1919, in Basel, Switzerland. Frick and Frack were known for skating in Alpine Lederhosen and performing eccentric tricks on ice, including the "cantilever spread-eagle," created by Groebli, and Mauch's "rubber legs" twisting and bending his legs while skating in a spread eagle position.

g_cantilever.jpg

sorry, but i gotta wonder about a guy who wants to name cats after a couple of male skaters. greddysmiley.gif

from wicked-pee-dia:

Frick and Frack were two Swiss skaters who came to the U.S. and joined the original Ice Follies show as comedy ice skaters. "Frick" was Werner Groebli, born April 21, 1915, in Basel, Switzerland. "Frack" was Hansreudi (Hans) R. Mauch, May 4, 1919, in Basel, Switzerland. Frick and Frack were known for skating in Alpine Lederhosen and performing eccentric tricks on ice, including the "cantilever spread-eagle," created by Groebli, and Mauch's "rubber legs" twisting and bending his legs while skating in a spread eagle position.

g_cantilever.jpg

sorry, but i gotta wonder about a guy who wants to name cats after a couple of male skaters. greddysmiley.gif

Aw geez, don't get technical. I didn't know their history. To me Frick & Frack just means like inseparable friends, you see one--you see the other too. e.g. Mutt & Jeff, the Bobbsie twins, etc. But, hey.....they're your cats. -_-

Edited by MoGrubb