'PHILLY' JOE JONES-drums ..NEW..cd's....???

fabdrums

I have -BOUGHT- and 'collect' all-the-Records-L.P's..+..Cd's of 'Maestro'-drummer-'.Philly.' Joe Jones..bands-leader ..!!!!.. I ..only.. would like to know ..IF.. have been ..issued.. NEW..cd's..records..under -his- ..mane.???.. I ..only.. have -BOUGHT- a (private)..live..session..of..-DAMERONIA-'.s..band.. Thanks ..ciao... fabio..-

========= ..thanks dear Mr'.marcello.' for the ..link..'.discos.' of 'philly' joe jones.... I ..only.. wnat to ..list ..M Y...items ..(..live..audios-concerts..)-

--1-- bill evans.p.-trio-.+.marc johnson.cb.+.philly joe jones..live..san remo..1978..-

--2--bill evans.p.marc johnson.cb.+.philly joe jones...live..at..terni-1978.+.lee konitz(..intere..concers..'audio.')-

--3--philly joe jones.dr..5t..live...laren -holland-.+.clifford jordan.sax.+.slide hampton.tb...-1985-

---5--DEXTER GORDON.sax..live..ossiach ....1969..--

---6--DEXTER GORDON.sax.+.SONNY STITT.sax..+..'philly' joe jones ...live -??-europe ..'.70.s..--

---7--philly joe jones ..'-dameronia-'..band ...live ..u.s.a...-??-..private..tape..-

========= in ..the ..next ..-post-.. I will '.lists.' all ..my ..Records-L.P.'s.+.CD's.. under 'Philly' Joe Jones ..mane... Ciao ...fabio...-R o m a- ..

The Dameronia that you listed was a radio broadcast at Alice Tully Hall in NYC, I believe.

I have a copy somewhere.

Once I saw PJJ at a place called Syncopation on Waverly Place in NYC.

There were all sorts of charactors there coming and going including Ray Draper, who had something going on if you know what I mean.

At the table next to me were Max Roach and a very good looking woman. Max looked sharp too.

PJJ was a little in his cups and kept on asking Max to play. He had other drummers sitting in all night.

Max finally said "No, Joe. People come here to hear you play, not me. That's what I came for too, with this lovely lady here!"

One other time I saw him a another little spot in the Village and made a tape.

Philly Joe put on quite a display on the brushes that night!

I lent someone the tape and never got it back.

Philly Joe was the man! Saw him in Chicago in the late 70's at the Jazz Showcase. Strangest setting though was Philly Joe's appearance with Sun Ra! There's a video of him with Sun Ra on "The History Of Jazz Drummers" , vol II...

Philly had some serious snare drum chops! :blink:

========= Thanks dear Mr'.randissimo' ..yes.. in Videos. are very..very..very..'.R A R E S.' the live concerts where is ..possible.. to ..S E E.. 'Philly' Joe Jones. a ..part..-The-History-of-Jazz-Drumming-Vol.2.. For all I know, there are '.these.'..Videos..-

--1--bill evans.p-trio.+.marc johnson.cb.+.philly joe jones-montreux-1978..-(..included..in..-History-Jazz-Drumming..Vol2.)..

--2--kenny burrell-trio.+.marc johnson.cb.+.philly joe jones..montreux-1978...

--3-thelonius monk.p-4t..live..paris..-1959-..philly joe jones..'guest.'..

--4-bill evans.p-trio.+.marc johnson.cb.+.philly joe jones-terni-..1978.+.lee konitz..-

--5-'TIMELESS-ALL-STARS.+.gillespie.+.harold land...+..philly joe jones ..live-SPAIN.tv's..-

--6-'Philly' Joe Jones..4t..live-USA.club-..-DANERONIA.+.walter davis.jr.p.+.charles davis.sax.+.larry ridley.cb..-vd.prv-..+..'guest'..wynton marsalis.tr...year ..'.80.s...

--7-BILL EVANS.p.+.'Cannonball' ADDERLEY..4t..usa..tv's-show.+.philly joe jones ..'.50.s....-

===== ..There is a booklet.. -Brushes..Method- ..by-PREMIER-drums.Co..U.K.. written in the '.70.s..by..'.Philly.' Joe Jones ...now ..long-O U T..OF...P R I N T S-.. Ciao ..fabio..- R o m a- ..

isnt that kind of crappy PJ's last session was w/ the manhattan transfer AND the four freshman- :(

but that preceding cliff jordan trio date looks pretty good!

========== ..dear Mr'.chewy.' ..the last '.dates.' -Records.L..P.'s.. are -two.--

--1--TRIO-'philly' joe jones.dr.+.clifford jordan.sax.+.james lamb.cb..-18''..april -1985- '.The - Rotterdham - Session.'.by-Audio-Daddio-

--2---cees slinger.p-4t.+.'philly' joe jones.dr.+.clifford jordan.sax.+.isla eckinger.cb..'.sling - shot.'-timeless-225-..on..22' april..1985..-.............this is the '.real.' ..last recording-date..of.. 'Philly' Joe Jones ...!!! .. Ciao ..fabio..-