David Weiss.....and the Cookers

sheldonm

Hope to see you there as well, probably Thursday night. Have a panel on Wednesday, and expensive tickets to the Royal Shakespeare Company at UCLA with Ian McKellen in "King Lear" and "The Seagull" on Friday and Saturday. Travel safely! LA is nice, and it's cool at night - bring a jacket!

So some of us will be at the Jazz Bakery this week. Wednesday- Saturday October 17-20.

The James Spaulding Quintet

James Spaulding- Alto Sax, David Weiss- Trumpet, Danny Grissett- Piano, Cecil McBee- Bass and Roy McCurdy- Drums.

Hope you can make it.

i'll be there friday night but must admit that i was very much looking forward to hearing billy hart!! roy already knows i like him!

• 4 months later...

Here we go again.....

Iridium Jazz Club

Presents

The Cookers

Billy Harper- Tenor Sax

James Spaulding- Alto Sax

Eddie Henderson- Trumpet (Jeremy Pelt- February 22)

David Weiss- Trumpet

Geri Allen- Piano

Cecil McBee- Bass

Billy Hart- Drums (Gene Jackson- February 21)

Thursday- Sunday February 21- 24

Sets at 8:30 and 10:30 pm

Iridium Jazz Club

1650 Broadway (at 51st Street)

(212) 582-2121

http://www.iridiumjazzclub.com

Hope some of you can make it....

Also look for us in Europe in late May (stops in Amsterdam, Den Hague, London, Munich, Vienna and Norway so far....)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested, there's a show by the 'Cookers' done for German TV last year currently up on dime.

Actually I think this something that was done about a month or so ago in Viersen, Germany. That was fast, it's on dime before the festival has even sent me a copy of the concert. I'm told it's up on youtube as well.

Nice gig if I remember correctly but it was the first night of a tour, I always wish they would record or film us a couple of gigs into the tour especially when we are breaking in a new member (Kirk Lightsey was subbing for George Cables who was busy getting a new kidney) but that never seems to be the case.