John Patton's "Soul Connection" to be released on CD

Soul Stream

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dig that Grant Reed cat here, but then again, I dig the shit outta Marvin Cabell, so that tells you how wrong about things I am.

And I think that this is "in the vein" of Accent On The Blues, which is my favorite Patton album, period, only with a tighter band and better tunes. I [refer it to some of the BNs, actually.

So why isn't this my favorite BJP side?

Because I'm wrong about shit, that's why. But fuck it - my world, my rules, my right. Everybody got theirs, I got mine.

What a gem. How did I miss this one first time around. Patton's near the Larry Young end of the B3 spectrum here and is on top form. Lovely stuff from Moncur, Reed and Queen. Highly recommended.

Vide another thread, got this one from Caiman, came within a week and at a great price (for the UK).

What a gem. How did I miss this one first time around. Patton's near the Larry Young end of the B3 spectrum here and is on top form. Lovely stuff from Moncur, Reed and Queen. Highly recommended.

Vide another thread, got this one from Caiman, came within a week and at a great price (for the UK).

I picked this up as a result of the enthusiasm expressed in this thread and I'm glad I did. A good, solid session with a little more invention than a usual organ- led one. Was impressed with Grant Reed in particular. Anyone know his background and/or other work?

I picked this up as a result of the enthusiasm expressed in this thread and I'm glad I did. A good, solid session with a little more invention than a usual organ- led one. Was impressed with Grant Reed in particular. Anyone know his background and/or other work?

googled a little (had a bit of difficulties of getting warm with soul connection in the beginning, making my way now after the third listen...) for Grant Reed; as mentioned above he is on some Mongo Santamaria LPs (Mongo 70 and Mongo's Way), he is also on Shamek Farrah's La Dee La La