Audacity question about inserting or separating tracks

Harold_Z

After trying out Audacity to digitize my vinyl and tape collection I stumbled upon GoldWave Digital Audio Editor which I have found to be much more intuitive, has more features and is generally easier to work with. Regarding creating seperate tracks for each tune: This can be done either on the fly with a click of a mouse button or you can "drop" a click into the finished product after the fact if you have recorded an entire side of an LP. GoldWave also has an option to insert track markers automatically based on the existance and duration of silence, the levels of which are adjustable.

It costs about $45 US but you get all updates for free and they provide access to their user forums. Easily one of the best software purchases I have made. It is available only via the web.

Here is a link to their homepage: http://www.goldwave.com/

Good luck,

Don

I record a lot of vinyl onto cdr using a standalone burner. usually I record one side of an lp as one track. On the cdr, using audacity (or if there is an easier program let me know) how can I separate the recording into individual songs? i.e. One track = one song.
Edited by jazzydaddy