Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bertrand

Herbie Hancock - The Joni Letters

33 posts in this topic

Wow, it's a drag that we don't have any board memebers who live in the U.K. .....

I'd be happy to step into the breach (and I happen to have the Japanese cd too!). Just send me a PM Bertrand.

Likewise. Happy to help if ever needed to bypass these ridiculous territorial things.

Btw, is the album available as iTunes plus download without the DRM crap?

Btw, is the album available as iTunes plus download without the DRM crap?

As far as I know the "Plus" is so far only available on EMI product.

But man... I wish Herbie would just do another "The Prisoner" :)

Not quite what you requested (in the middle between The Prisoner and Maiden Voyage), but still:

619MMTM9EKL._SS500_.gif

I love that album!

I'm listening to the HH album now from the link. A friend of mine who I hold in high esteem for musical taste has really praised this album. I usually don't like this type of "jazz" but I'll give it a chance.

Herbie's on Leno tonight.

Bertrand.

iTunes U.S. has two different bonus tracks - 'Harlem in Havana' and 'I Had a King'. They cannot be bought singly - you have to get the whole CD.

Have these tracks appeared on other CDs or download services meanwhile?

To answer my own question, these two tracks (and "All I Want") are featured on a third disc included with the Japanese limited edition of Then And Now: The Definitive Herbie Hancock. Since the Japanese edition of River already includes A Case of You, the Japanese get to buy all four of the bonus tracks on CD. Of course the whole thing is a major rip-off...

iTunes U.S. has two different bonus tracks - 'Harlem in Havana' and 'I Had a King'. They cannot be bought singly - you have to get the whole CD.

Have these tracks appeared on other CDs or download services meanwhile?

To answer my own question, these two tracks (and "All I Want") are featured on a third disc included with the Japanese limited edition of Then And Now: The Definitive Herbie Hancock. Since the Japanese edition of River already includes A Case of You, the Japanese get to buy all four of the bonus tracks on CD. Of course the whole thing is a major rip-off...

Most of what Herbie has released in recent years is a rip-off.