Herbie Hancock - The Joni Letters

bertrand

Wow, it's a drag that we don't have any board memebers who live in the U.K. .....

I'd be happy to step into the breach (and I happen to have the Japanese cd too!). Just send me a PM Bertrand.

Likewise. Happy to help if ever needed to bypass these ridiculous territorial things.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

But man... I wish Herbie would just do another "The Prisoner" :)

Not quite what you requested (in the middle between The Prisoner and Maiden Voyage), but still:

619MMTM9EKL._SS500_.gif

I love that album!

I'm listening to the HH album now from the link. A friend of mine who I hold in high esteem for musical taste has really praised this album. I usually don't like this type of "jazz" but I'll give it a chance.

• 3 years later...

iTunes U.S. has two different bonus tracks - 'Harlem in Havana' and 'I Had a King'. They cannot be bought singly - you have to get the whole CD.

Have these tracks appeared on other CDs or download services meanwhile?

To answer my own question, these two tracks (and "All I Want") are featured on a third disc included with the Japanese limited edition of Then And Now: The Definitive Herbie Hancock. Since the Japanese edition of River already includes A Case of You, the Japanese get to buy all four of the bonus tracks on CD. Of course the whole thing is a major rip-off...

• 2 weeks later...

iTunes U.S. has two different bonus tracks - 'Harlem in Havana' and 'I Had a King'. They cannot be bought singly - you have to get the whole CD.

Have these tracks appeared on other CDs or download services meanwhile?

To answer my own question, these two tracks (and "All I Want") are featured on a third disc included with the Japanese limited edition of Then And Now: The Definitive Herbie Hancock. Since the Japanese edition of River already includes A Case of You, the Japanese get to buy all four of the bonus tracks on CD. Of course the whole thing is a major rip-off...

Most of what Herbie has released in recent years is a rip-off.