NEW PAUL ABELLA TRIO DISC OUT NOW!!!!

jazzypaul

• 3 weeks later...

When I die, I want jazzypaul's version of "Amazing Grace" played at my funeral.

I've listened to Mainstreamism three times in a row, and really have no desire to stop. It's been a LOOOOONG time since that happened (R.E.M.'s Accelerate notwithstanding). "Caravan" sounds fresh and new again; "La Vie en Rose" takes the exoticism of "Caravan" and drones it up a notch; "Losing My Religion," as done in 3/4 time, becomes an all new song, one that actually sounds more longing than the R.E.M. original. I wonder what Buck-Mills-Stipe would think of this version. "Lucky Southern" sounds like something Pat Martino wishes he'd written.

And then, of course, there is the sublime "Amazing Grace." Would that all spiritual music was as moving and inspiring as this.

Great, GREAT album, Paul. What I wouldn't give to see you guys live. Looking forward to album #2 soon, I hope (and this time, I'll ask for extra-speedy-super-dooper-priority-PRIORITY mail! :g )!

Edited by Big Al

• 1 year later...

bump.

FREE MUSIC! WHO DOESN'T LIKE FREE MUSIC?!?!?

We're in the final days of a really neat campaign...long story short, Reverb Nation and Microsoft (huh? wha?) got together and chose 1001 bands on RN to be part of this promotion. We got to be part of it. They're even paying the bands that got over a certain amount of downloads (we've crossed that hurdle).

I was kinda thinking that we'd hit 300 or maybe 500 downloads in the course of 90 days. After all, we're just three jerks playing a semi-obscure Keith Jarrett composition.

Well, we're now damn close to 2500. As a matter of personal pride, I'd like to wrap up this promotion (it ends in 6 days) over that 2500 mark.

So, if you want a free download of our version of Lucky Southern, please, click here.

please, please, pretty please with sugar on top please...we're less than 25 downloads away from hitting the 2500 mark. And we do get paid for this too (the perks of having Microsoft run a promotion that you're a part of?)! So, please, if you've not heard our charming music yet, please take 30 seconds out of your day to get some free music on your hard drive by going here and downloading our version of Lucky Southern. Free to you. I still get paid. I like it. You should too.

http://www.myspace.com/windows?homepage=thepaulabellatrio

Thanks!