British jazz reissues

RogerF

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, GA Russell said:

Has anyone received his copy from Import CDs yet?

I have not.  And no shipping notice yet.  Amazon shows it as having just been released last Friday (a sizable delay), so it should be coming soon.   They are generally a few days behind Amazon, but they are also $20 cheaper on this box, so worth the wait.  I've never had them non-deliver.

Edited by felser

45 minutes ago, felser said:

I have not.  And no shipping notice yet.  Amazon shows it as having just been released last Friday (a sizable delay), so it should be coming soon.   They are generally a few days behind Amazon, but they are also $20 cheaper on this box, so worth the wait.  I've never had them non-deliver.

Good to hear, John!  I would like to receive it by Easter (that's in two weeks), but I'm not in a hurry.  With that order I also purchased the box of Georgie Fame's complete 1967 recordings, and it arrived very promptly.

Edited by GA Russell

5 hours ago, ejp626 said:

While I am interested in the Nucleus box, I also have cut way, way back on the amount of physical stuff I am ordering.  Is there any indication whether this will eventually be released in a digital format or on the streaming platforms?

I see that the answer is yes.  The individual albums all just hit iTunes, either today or perhaps yesterday.  (Likely on Spotify as well, but I don't monitor that.)

Now whether they are remastered or not or include any bonus material is a different story, but for now, I am pretty stoked to be able to listen to the original albums.  Who knows.  I may end up springing for a physical copy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Arman Ratip ‘The Spy From Istanbul’ has finally been reissued on vinyl. And the World is about to end. :blink:

CS771463-01A-BIG.jpg

A very obscure session originally on ‘Regal Zonophone’. They are peddling it as ‘spiritual jazz’ - BS categorisation :rolleyes:. Very interesting music though, with a band including Marc Charig and Harry Miller.

Edited by sidewinder

40 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Arman Ratip ‘The Spy From Istanbul’ has finally been reissued on vinyl. And the World is about to end. :blink:

CS771463-01A-BIG.jpg

A very obscure session originally on ‘Regal Zonophone’. They are peddling it as ‘spiritual jazz’ - BS categorisation :rolleyes:. Very interesting music though, with a band including Marc Charig and Harry Miller.

only heard part of this record but love what I've heard. Still on the hunt for an original but the world will probably be over before I find one at a reasonable price.

47 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

only heard part of this record but love what I've heard. Still on the hunt for an original but the world will probably be over before I find one at a reasonable price.

Very elusive on Regal Zonophone. I have one - but it is the only copy I’ve ever seen. I would like to get hold of his ‘Introducing the Arman Ratip Trio’ but that is equally elusive and the world would not only be over but converted into a black hole before that one is reissued.

Tempted to pick up a copy of this reissue - it looks to be licensed from the Man himself, who lives back in Turkey these days I believe.

Edited by sidewinder

Interesting. I thought I’d heard he was doing more conventional jazz trios in Istanbul but I could be wrong. Good that he will benefit from this one and that it will get some belated recognition. Not sure I agree with the OBI blurb about it being one of the top 10 British Jazz records of all time but it is well up there, for sure.

Edited by sidewinder