More Coltrane reissues

Aggie87

yes, they have a border on the left, just a 3/8" or so, and are actually in my opinion glossier and a better cover image. Inside they have the center gatefold images.

True, but don't plan on reading any of the notes on the inside - too small - no booklet.

Disc: 1

1. Africa

2. Greensleeves

3. Blues Minor

Disc: 2

1. Spiritual

2. Softly As In A Morning Sunrise

3. Chasin' The Trane

Disc: 3

1. Out Of This World

2. Soul Eyes

3. Inch Worm

4. Tunji

5. Miles' Mode

Disc: 4

1. In A Sentimental Mood

2. Take The Coltrane

3. Big Nick

4. Stevie

5. My Little Brown Book

6. Angelica

7. Feeling Of Jazz

Disc: 5

1. Say It (Over And Over Again)

2. You Don't Know What Love Is

3. Too Young To Go Steady

4. All Or Nothing At All

5. I Wish I Knew

6. What's New

7. It's Easy To Remember

8. Nancy (With The Laughing Face)

So that's the originally issued albums "Africa/Brass", "Live at the Village Vanguard", "Coltrane", "Duke Ellington and John Coltrane" and "Ballads".

Beats me why this needs to be reissued as these are still easily available with substantial extra material added.

Best Buy has this listed as a mistake on their web site for 11.99. The re-masters sound amazing (maybe the best sounding remasters I have ever heard) and since I didn't have Coltrane or Africa Brass I am very very happy. Not sure if I would pay $50 for it since I already had the other 3 titles but for $15 with shipping it was a great deal.

I've been enjoying this first set. It was a gift, and that helps in several ways. I feel that the sound is vefy good. I actually like having these as lp facimiles. . .these mean something to me as albums, and they're important work. My friend who gave this to me paid less than thirty dollars total for the set on the day it was released, which is a fine price.

I'll definitely consider the second volume.

yes, they have a border on the left, just a 3/8" or so, and are actually in my opinion glossier and a better cover image. Inside they have the center gatefold images.

True, but don't plan on reading any of the notes on the inside - too small - no booklet.

are they readable with a magnifying glass? :P

is the fineprint that good?

JB

Edited by JohnBlutarski

John, I don't know how long you've been collecting, but I've been collecting records and tapes and cds for over 35 years. . . .

I used to read liner notes with rapt attention. And I've read hundreds of books about jazz and jazz artists. Now. . .I think I've had enough! The last five years or so I've not paid that much attention. I think the last set of liner notes that REALLY impressed me were Chris Albertson's for the Basie Mosaic.