what is your clothing style

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very rarely wear a shirt that does not have buttons, when I do, it is usually only at home, same with shorts. I own one pair of sneakers and put them on just for exercising.

For work I typically wear nice jeans or slacks and a button down shirt with comfortable but stylish shoes.

I am a proponent of trying to look your best when in public. My dress code for going out, more times than not includes slacks, sport coat or a suit depending on the place or event.

Nothing wrong with shorts and t-shirts for most people on most days, but I hate to see flip flops and a ball cap added to the mix when at a nice place.

What's worse is seeing the dude on Sunday morning that rolled out of bed around 10:00 am and heads out for coffee with his messed up fuckin' hair and pajama/sweat pants on.

These of course are just my own personal opinions. :cool:

I very rarely wear a shirt that does not have buttons, when I do, it is usually only at home, same with shorts. I own one pair of sneakers and put them on just for exercising.

For work I typically wear nice jeans or slacks and a button down shirt with comfortable but stylish shoes.

I am a proponent of trying to look your best when in public. My dress code for going out, more times than not includes slacks, sport coat or a suit depending on the place or event.

Nothing wrong with shorts and t-shirts for most people on most days, but I hate to see flip flops and a ball cap added to the mix when at a nice place.

What's worse is seeing the dude on Sunday morning that rolled out of bed around 10:00 am and heads out for coffee with his messed up fuckin' hair and pajama/sweat pants on.

These of course are just my own personal opinions. :cool:

we may not agree on threads, but we sure do on sounds.

I'm pretty much along these same lines. I finally realized I'm grown up, about ten years ago, and I've cleaned up my clothing, though still keeping casual.

I had a few suits and would wear them for the formal occasions, but now they don't fit! I will soon be buyng another.

Edited by jazzbo

The only thing that drives me up the wall clothing wise is seeing someone wearing a ballcap in a restaurant. I mean, jeez...

I wear khakis/chinos to work on most days, usually with a button-up shirt of some kind, though not necessarily buttoned up.

I've been awfully fond of my new boot-cut jeans lately, so I've been wearing those a lot to work (I can get away with this on Fridays or if I've purchased a "casual sticker"). I've been wearing t-shirts and shorts more recently than I have since I graduated from high school. That's probably a response to having to look a little nicer at work during the week.

Haven't had a reason to wear a suit in many months, but enjoy wearing one if I deem it necessary.

I wear khakis/chinos to work on most days, usually with a button-up shirt of some kind, though not necessarily buttoned up.

I've been awfully fond of my new boot-cut jeans lately, so I've been wearing those a lot to work (I can get away with this on Fridays or if I've purchased a "casual sticker").

Lemme guess: Target corporate on Nicollet Mall?

Right now, dirty navy cords, a Hanes v-neck t-shirt (white) with a few holes in it, and scuffed brown leather oxfords. I like my wardrobe.

Cotton chinos and a t-shirt with (mostly) enlarged sleeves of Senegalese cassettes on front (or Senegalese national football team, WBGO or Spillers Records t-shirts). For going out I add a rather disreputable old jacket with the sleeves rolled up Miami Vice style :)

It's really NICE not to have to wear suits any more (except for funerals).

MG

I drive the motorbike everyday, so I wear safety clothing: boots, jeans, T-shirt, or button shirt when I feel I have to be more elegant, and leather Jacket. I never had to wear suits for my job, and I thanks God for it. When I don't drive motorbike, I can be casual or elegant, it depends on the situation and mood.

I've been awfully fond of my new boot-cut jeans lately, so I've been wearing those a lot to work (I can get away with this on Fridays or if I've purchased a "casual sticker").

Right now, dirty navy cords, a Hanes v-neck t-shirt (white) with a few holes in it, and scuffed brown leather oxfords. I like my wardrobe.

Target requires suits, so no, but you're close. Care to try again? :)

Man, it's been years since I've been within ten feet of any scene on Nicollet. US Bank? Wells Fargo? Honeywell? (the company, not the punk band) General Mills? I give up.

Edited by clifford_thornton

Man, it's been years since I've been within ten feet of any scene on Nicollet. US Bank? Wells Fargo? Honeywell? (the company, not the punk band) General Mills? I give up.

Best Buy. Probably the least formal (thank heaven) of all your guesses, and all major companies in the Twin Cities, for that matter.

Best Buy. Probably the least formal (thank heaven) of all your guesses, and all major companies in the Twin Cities, for that matter.

Oh right. I had a couple of acquaintances who did graphic design for them. I worked at Wells Fargo in their home mortgage division for a little while and hated it. I did wear what I wanted to, however, and put clients on hold because Bill Dixon was calling my cell phone!

I dress the same as I have since I was a kid. Jeans and khakis and surfer shirts, baggy cargo shorts and skateboard shoes.

Me, too! Guess jeans, pink izod polo shirt (w/collar up, of course), Member's Only jacket... knit tie for special occasions.. :w;)

Seriously, I spend most of my time working in my home office, so it's jeans and t-shirts here. When I visit client sites, I usually try to roughly match whatever their employees/managers wear -- nice shirt, something that's not jeans, but never any ties. Most electrical engineering/software people I work with are usually in jeans all the time anyway, so I'm occasionally over-dressed.

I know I'm becoming an old fart when I see younger people in offices wearing flip-flops and shorts and find that totally inappropriate. This ain't the damn beach! :rfr

Casual - I hate ties. Now that it gets more chilly I love cord jeans (Joker Harlem Walker is my favorite brand) with a nice shirt or longsleeve t-shirts. Jacket if appropriate.

In the summer I love linen pants and shirts.

On stage the band is in black jeans or pants and black longsleeve t-shirts.

I never wear caps or hats - I still have enough hair ...

Edited by mikeweil