Mosaic sale, ending October 14

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news from Mosaic. The Oliver Nelson is now swapped for a Johnny Smith (I paid the extra), pending availability of the Hodges (5-7 days). The Oliver Nelson is also on order from Amazon UK. :excited:

I did the same thing. Cindy kindly agreed to apply the sale price on the Hodges. The order should ship in the next five days. :cool:

Edited by ASNL77

The US doesn't charge duties on individual orders of compact discs, LPs, etc. imported into the country. I looked it up on the net once and found that they are specifically excluded, but I can't seem to find anything about it on the net right now. Also, unlike Europe, there's no mechanism in the US for inspection of individual orders coming in from abroad, assignment of duties to those orders, and then collection of those duties by the postal service or private package services (e.g., UPS, FedEx).

The US does not charge duties on compact discs period. Nomatter individual or corporate shipments.

By the way, is this normal that i have not received any shipping notification, despite receiving a confirmation order two weeks ago ?

I think it's time to give them a call. Some sets are backordered, but I would think you would at least get something indicating that. Something doesn't seem right.

By the way, is this normal that i have not received any shipping notification, despite receiving a confirmation order two weeks ago ?

I was in the same situation as I didn'tknow that one of my sets was backordered. I had to send then an email to find out. I placed my order on October 13th and it hasn't shipped yet. I think they are snowed under over there but they responded to my email very quickly.

Edited by ASNL77

I was in the same situation as I didn'tknow that one of my sets was backordered. I had to send then an email to find out. I placed my order on October 13th and it hasn't shipped yet. I think they are snowed under over there but they responded to my email very quickly.

Sounds like my experience too. The only way I knew my Hodges set was backordered was when I did the switch of the Nelson set. Yep, sounds like they are busy.

The US doesn't charge duties on individual orders of compact discs, LPs, etc. imported into the country. I looked it up on the net once and found that they are specifically excluded, but I can't seem to find anything about it on the net right now. Also, unlike Europe, there's no mechanism in the US for inspection of individual orders coming in from abroad, assignment of duties to those orders, and then collection of those duties by the postal service or private package services (e.g., UPS, FedEx).

The US does not charge duties on compact discs period. Nomatter individual or corporate shipments.

Ah! The penny's just dropped. The UK doesn't charge import duty on CDs either. What Customs collect on imported CDs is Value Added Tax (VAT) at 17.5%. The US doesn't have VAT.

MG