Milt Jackson - where next?

There's a choice Milt performance on the dailymotion.com site - "For All We Know". That's Milt in top form, with superb backing from Oscar Peterson, NHOP and Martin Drew. There are a few blips in the film, but it's still a listenable copy. Nils-Henning's sensitive bass playing, the timing especially, is a marvel. [i don't usually like Oscar's playing, but he is perfect for Milt.]

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been listening to this one today--a big-band setting for Bags, with nice arrangements by Wilkins and Dameron:

419SDVN65CL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks for the tip, David. Have bought it. The samples sounded excellent. Wonder how that one got under the radar? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
On 7/19/2010 at 7:11 AM, Stonewall15 said:

The Milt Jackson Impulse LP "Memphis Jackson" is terrific. Too bad it has not been reissued on CD.

I came across an image of the cover of this today, and wasn't sure I'd ever seen it before (not even sure I'd ever heard of it).  Looks like it finally came out on CD in Japan in 2011, and again in 2014.  Anyway, I'm surprised I don't remember ever seeing it.  I guess 1969 wasn't exactly the best time to be releasing something like this...

Memphis-Jackson-cover%5B1%5D.jpg