Debussy - Complete Piano Works

Edward

Got some Debussy by Michelangeli in his DG box (the Préludes) ... don't get all the fuss about him, I'm afraid.

Those are from 1988 ... but then the fans keep saying he was perfect from day one and there isn't that much change between his interpretations and stuff, or so they say ...anyway, not for me, I think.

Also got Crossley and Entremont as part of a big Debussy box (the Sony one), but then I got that one mainly for other recordings included.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The impeccable Mr. Samson Francois and his achievements reg Debussy are worth acquiering for sure

http://www.amazon.de/The-Debussy-Recordings-Samson-Fran%C3%A7ois/dp/B007G3HAAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377680366&sr=8-1&keywords=samson+francois+debussy

and also Friedrich Gulda`s try on Preludes (by the way a fabulous MPS production from the late 60`s) are near to my heart

http://www.amazon.de/Preludes-Ga-Friedrich-Gulda/dp/B000MR9BTC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377680714&sr=8-1&keywords=gulda+debussy

Got some Debussy by Michelangeli in his DG box (the Préludes) ... don't get all the fuss about him, I'm afraid.

Those are from 1988 ... but then the fans keep saying he was perfect from day one and there isn't that much change between his interpretations and stuff, or so they say ...anyway, not for me, I think.

Also got Crossley and Entremont as part of a big Debussy box (the Sony one), but then I got that one mainly for other recordings included.

The Debussy I've heard by Michelangeli was very good IMO (granted I'm kind of a fan and opinions on ABM vary).

I once purchased the Kocsis box of Debussy piano music (used, hard to find), but had to return it because one disc was scratched. I'd buy it again if available.

Once purchased the famous Gieseking box, but wound up selling it (sound quality was not good, for one).