if you could move, where to?

7/4

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think, i would rather make some major changes to the city i am living in (moving several people to some place where they don't do harm, remove the train station and put it somewhere where it makes sense but doesn't separate the city into two halves, a better appartment for us would be mandatory as well, get us a decent record store and several other stores a city of 300000 inhabitants should normally have...)

I'd move back to Stuttgart. It's a big city in a great location (plus one that tourists don't visit). You have all the conveniences of living in a hustling, bustling city (and one where you can catch the big name touring jazz acts), and yet you're also close to the Black Forest, Munich, Switzerland, and France.

A place I'd enjoy living in purely based on its beauty would be Grindelwald, Switzerland.

In the United States, I'd move to western Oregon, no question. Absolutely love it there.

If I could move anywhere in the world that I've visited, it would be to the Pyrenees of South France. In reality, anywhere in the South of France would work for me!

I liked Toronto a lot. It seems to be run a lot better than Chicago, where a lot of things are getting on my nerves. On the other hand, the music and theatre scene is better in Chicago.

I agree, but don't tell that to anyone in Toronto. They think that after NY they're the theater center of North America.

Always fantasized about living in a small village in England. Probably would be nothing like I've imagined.

Indeed. My wife comes from a village called Firle, in Sussex. It used to be the way you imagine it. Lord of the Manor (my father-in-law was the painter & decorator on the estate) who told his workers who to vote for. Literati (Virginia Woolf lived there, and Maynard Keynes wrote "The economic consequences of the peace" there), painters etc etc. Country pub. No street lights. Beautiful scenery. Weirdos. One bus every two hours, even in the seventies. I lived there then, for a while, before we were married.

The place is still there, but completely different now.

MG

In the United States, I'd move to western Oregon, no question. Absolutely love it there.

If I could move anywhere in the world that I've visited, it would be to the Pyrenees of South France. In reality, anywhere in the South of France would work for me!

At last!

I mean I was surprised no one of you american choosed some exotic and wild places, like South France or Tuscany. :g

If I should left home, Rome, I'd probably became a nomad, but if I should chose my new home would be a city, I hate cows, though I love outdooring. I growned up in a small town and I developped a deep hate and claustrophobia for small place. I liked Prague, Paris, Cape Town, Vancouver, Montreal, New York, and I should still check Buenos Aires and San Francisco.

Edited by porcy62