Johnny Cash has died

J.A.W.

Johnny Cash's honesty about himself was reflected in his music. The profound honesty and emotion in his music transcended musical genres without breaking a sweat. It is stunning the number of people who don't like country music love Johnny. Hell I feel criminal even assigining the man a musical label just calling his music Johnny Cash's music seems more appropo. His legend will just grow. Hasta la vista JR.

I just wanted to add my name to the long list of people who greatly admired Johnny Cash and loved his music. He will be greatly missed and, as Kris Kristofferson said, it is hard to imagine that we will see his like again. As others have mentioned, he transcended genre and, more than just a country music singer, he was one of the most important artists of the 20th century. Anybody who does not have any of the American Recordings should pick up at least one of them, listening to the last one now is a pretty moving experience. I just watched his final interview with Larry King on CNN and was very impressed by his humility and integrity. Goodbye Johnny and R.I.P.