Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J.A.W.

Johnny Cash has died

43 posts in this topic

Don't be surprised if there will be one last Cash album on the way. Apparently, he had been in the studio quite a bit since June's passing .

There have been reports of a 4-disc set of American Recordings outtakes due at X-mas.

I knew this day was coming,

Coming 'round the bend...

What Jim Sangrey said.

Another great JC cover: Beck's "Rowboat."

Johnny Cash's honesty about himself was reflected in his music. The profound honesty and emotion in his music transcended musical genres without breaking a sweat. It is stunning the number of people who don't like country music love Johnny. Hell I feel criminal even assigining the man a musical label just calling his music Johnny Cash's music seems more appropo. His legend will just grow. Hasta la vista JR.

What could I possibly add at this point, other than to say goodbye Johnny, you're gone but won't be forgotten.

B0000636Y6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

p0253.jpg

cash140x192.jpg

john%20cash2.jpg

johnalone.jpg

11064_full.jpg

beast_in_me.jpg

11-08-cash-inside.jpg

010132a.jpg

I just wanted to add my name to the long list of people who greatly admired Johnny Cash and loved his music. He will be greatly missed and, as Kris Kristofferson said, it is hard to imagine that we will see his like again. As others have mentioned, he transcended genre and, more than just a country music singer, he was one of the most important artists of the 20th century. Anybody who does not have any of the American Recordings should pick up at least one of them, listening to the last one now is a pretty moving experience. I just watched his final interview with Larry King on CNN and was very impressed by his humility and integrity. Goodbye Johnny and R.I.P.

btw, if you haven't seen it already TIME magazine did a fine cover story on Cash. Richard Corliss wrote a wonderful piece. Here's the link: The Man In Black

cover_thumb.jpg