Amy Winehouse

7/4

trlp_002_f.jpg

just dowloaded from emusic and gonna spin later today

She's good!

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs

Rolls over your neighbor's dog?

What's great for a snack and fits on your back?

It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.

It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!

Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!

Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trlp_002_f.jpg

just dowloaded from emusic and gonna spin later today

She's good!

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs

Rolls over your neighbor's dog?

What's great for a snack and fits on your back?

It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.

It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!

Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!

Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log!

she looks nothing like her - maybe it's the glasses?

24.jpg

I don't think it takes superhuman powers of observation to see that she's simply wiping her nose on her sleeve there. Jeeze. Or do they really think she has her lil sweater dress lined with blow?

Last night I dreamt I was at a party at Britney Spears' house in the Kentucky backwoods and her shack caught on fire. I watched as she walked into the house, killing herself, minutes before W and Laura arrived on the scene in a rocket ship.

I don't think it takes superhuman powers of observation to see that she's simply wiping her nose on her sleeve there. Jeeze. Or do they really think she has her lil sweater dress lined with blow?

I agree. She looks like she's wiping her nose. Even if she's really snorting coke, she's hardly the first rock star to take that route. Neil Young had a big lump of coke hanging out of his nose during his appearence in "The Last Waltz." You gonna start knocking on Neil now?

BTW, I love the fact that they were performing "Monkey Man" by Toots and that Maytals! Hope she records that!

• 4 weeks later...

Still at work this chilly Friday eve (in spite of a friend's record release now well underway at the Living Room) and just happened by a colleague's office whereupon lingered the actual CD of Back to Black - an album which at this point I feel is not that great, except for the one tune I really like (Rehab aside, indeed a hook) - that one tune being TEARS DRY ON THEIR OWN. So I opened the little booklet within to spy that lo, Miss Winehouse wrote all those tunes except for TEARS DRY, which she wrote in collaboration with ASHFORD and SIMPSON, whose "Ain't No Mountain" it samples.

I knew you'd all be as concerned about this matter as I. Thank you.

Edited by Elissa

Still at work this chilly Friday eve (in spite of a friend's record release now well underway at the Living Room) and just happened by a colleague's office whereupon lingered the actual CD of Back to Black - an album which at this point I feel is not that great, except for the one tune I really like (Rehab aside, indeed a hook) - that one tune being TEARS DRY ON THEIR OWN. So I opened the little booklet within to spy that lo, Miss Winehouse wrote all those tunes except for TEARS DRY, which she wrote in collaboration with ASHFORD and SIMPSON, whose "Ain't No Mountain" it samples.

I knew you'd all be as concerned about this matter as I. Thank you.

I'm not sure that the instrumental backing to "Tears Dry" counts as a "sample." A sample is usually a part of an original recording. I don't think that Winehouse and Ronson are using the original Marvin Gaye/Tami Terell recording of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough." I believe that the studio band (the Dap-Kings) are performing the music live, which counts as an interpolation of "Ain't No Mountain" rather than a true sample. This is also the case on the new Wu Tang album where RZA uses "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" as the backing to "As the Heart Gently Breaks." Here John Fruscente of the RHCP performs the tune with Dani Harrison rather than using the Beatles recording. Same principle, I think.

Edited by Alexander