Henry Threadgill & Air

Head Man

According to the latest e-mail circular from Downtown Music Gallery, Henry Threadgill is making a number of his recordings available as 'self-released CD-Rs' and selling them through their store. According to DMG the CD-Rs have been professionally made using pristine vinyl - obviously there must have been a problem with him getting hold of the original masters.

I know that some people feel that $16 is a bit steep for CD-Rs but, hey, this music is so good that it would be foolish not to bite. Since it is very unlikely that this music will ever see the light of day through any other route, this is probably the only way that you will ever get to hear it.

Further details here:

DMG

Air Song and Air Raid have been reissued a few times in Japan.

Yes, but neither of the two are generally available and none of the others are available at all as far as I know. I suppose the point I'm making is that if you want to hear this marvellous music then getting it from DMG seems to be the only realistic option at the moment.