Blue Note Reissues for 2008...

mgraham333

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I saw an LP copy on Ebay go for $130 not long ago...so, yeah...can't wait for the CD!

It's the only Reuben Wilson LP I've flogged because I thought it was crap.

But I've made many mistakes in the past and this might be one. In the light of Mike and Shawn's comments, I'll try this again.

MG

I like it ! Definitely worth picking up the Reuben Wilson - and the sound on the CD reissue is really outstanding.

I can sort of hear the similarity in style with 'Moon Rappin' that SS mentions. Definite 1971 groove..

Edited by sidewinder

I think I saw an LP copy on Ebay go for $130 not long ago...so, yeah...can't wait for the CD!

But I've made many mistakes in the past and this might be one. In the light of Mike and Shawn's comments, I'll try this again.

MG

I like it ! Definitely worth picking up the Reuben Wilson - and the sound on the CD reissue is really outstanding.

I can sort of hear the similarity in style with 'Moon Rappin' that SS mentions. Definite 1971 groove..

I just listened to it this week, and found it abysmal. May be the worst Blue Note album I've ever heard.

MG

I just listened to it this week, and found it abysmal. May be the worst Blue Note album I've ever heard.

Felser--I'll take it off your hands if you'd like to sell it. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

MG

I agree with you that it's pretty weak, but track #7, "Tom's Thumb" rocks!