Blue Note Reissues for 2008...

mgraham333

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking the Eddie Henderson more than I thought on first inspection (i.e. when I spun through the first minute or so of each track in the car, driving back from St. Louis over Labor Day weekend, with my wife in the car).

"Heritage" is nothing life-altering, but pretty solid for those that like that sort of thing (and you know who you are, and who you aren't).

The AMG Review sums it up pretty well.

And FWIW, I certainly like it better than any of the Mizell-produced Donald Byrd albums I've ever heard (none of which I've ever owned).

Edited by Rooster_Ties

to helen fong.soul symphony(the title track) is a rare groove masterpiece,the henderson is good, and the steig, even in this butchered state,is a zillion times better than anything that blue note has released by bobbi humphrey. the above rant is ,of course,IMO!!!to all,please feel free to take potshots at my humble observations.

Has anyone had problems finding the RVG of Grachan Moncur III - Evolution?

I ordered the whole batch from Amazon and received all the others. When I look on the Amazon website it shows: Usually ships in 3 to 6 weeks

Whereas CDUniverse is showing: Usually ships in 1-2 days.

I noticed that there is no shopping cart icon for this title on the Blue Note website.

Does anyone know if Evolution was actually released...or is it sitting next to Basra in a warehouse somewhere....

I ordered the whole batch from Amazon and received all the others. When I look on the Amazon website it shows: Usually ships in 3 to 6 weeks

I noticed that there is no shopping cart icon for this title on the Blue Note website.

Does anyone know if Evolution was actually released...or is it sitting next to Basra in a warehouse somewhere....

I got Evolution at the local independent record store on Tues...

Edited by Soul Stream

End of an Ear? Just saw it sittin' in the rack there on Tuesday night.

End of an Ear? Just saw it sittin' in the rack there on Tuesday night.

No, I picked it up at Antone's Record Shop. I dig End Of An Ear a lot though. Had never been there until you told me about it. Went there and was glad I did...cool spot! Thanks!

Not to derail the thread, but this is the first I've ever heard of End of an Ear. Got another destination for my next trip to Austin! I thank you, and my wallet hates you. :g

I heard it was withdrawn because of its controversial title.

It is being reissued as 'Creation'.

I was going to post that, but decided against it to avoid something like a 16th Century war on religion... :)

Yes, and Moncur's compositions are "Intelligently Designed."

Well, yeah.... maybe the case could be made. :g

And Hans, what makes you think the 16th century wars would be any different than the ones waged today (besides the obvious advances in technology and weaponry)? ;)

What is it about Thursdays that gets me so feisty? :wacko: