Glad to be back

troyk

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am finding the Big O to be kind of like a neighborhood bar where AAJ and Blindman Blues folks come hang out from time to time. To all the regulars thanks for having us.

Not for nothin', but we expect you to buy a round or two.

Wonder if Bluenote (that's the fellows ID isn't it, the latest one to cause a stink?), will show up over here, as I hear he's been given a "Time Out"?

I think that some people thrive on contention and belittling others, and that goes on all around the place, nothing new, but it seems to be a bit more insidious this time around, with more members taking sides and piling on, which is a turn off in itself. Maybe the way it's going isn't as pointed, nor as enveloping as it could be, however it seems to me it's heading into what could turn into a more hateful situation, the kind that make for hard feelings which hang on, lasting ones, the good ones becoming irretrievable. It's already happened with a lot of long standing valued members. Pity.

Edited by EulaM

Marc Meyers was the guiding light - in so many ways, the board at its best was a reflection of what he did, and what he and Mike R. chose to build there.

After I had written a few reviews for AAJ, Marc PM'd me a very nice note telling me that he appreciated my work and the effort I was putting into it. I really appreciated his pat on the back.

But I do find that (and many other recent remarks) to be appallingly rude and (I kind of hate to use this word; it's so loaded) disrespectful of people who've been supportive of the board and site.

There's some of that here too. Probably everywhere. That's why I appreciate this board's ignore function.

Funny thing, but I've noticed that nearly all of the people here who are rude never comment on the jazz threads. I don't feel like I am missing anything by ignoring them, unless you consider a life of peace to be missing out on tension! :)

well, I'm using the ignore fuction, problem is, I have everybody on it so my screen's a big blank - so I'll use this opportunity to say I feel like that guy from the old Twilight Zone episode who's the only survivor of WW III. Awfully quiet in here - guess I'll just have to read a book - kinda nice not having to argue with anybody -

night also be a good time to take my meds and see if I can do anything about this multiple personality I seem to have - gotta keep the evil Al, the bar-brawling, serial-killing, tire-slashing, night-stalker at bay -

I feel so all alone...........................................................................