Glad to be back

troyk

Welcome back, Bev! Those recent events at the other board have been bewildering to say the least.

You can color me bewildered, too, Noj. I honestly am not sure what happened, even now.

But that really is water under the bridge at this point, so... Lots of music to catch up on, no?! :)

Welcome to you too as well, seeline--great to have you here!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Avebury - to my mind, much more impressive than Stonehenge.

Great place - often visit there for a walk around the stones.

Anyone see that TV film from some years back of the full-scale radio-controlled model 'UFO' that was flown over there for a wheez? (Channel 4 I think). Resulted in panic calls and headline news on CNN etc. (even though the thing was airworthiness cleared by the authorities - love it :rofl: ): Apparently the pub across the road was packed with Summer visitors at the time. One of the funniest things I've ever seen !

Edited by sidewinder

Welcome back, Bev! Those recent events at the other board have been bewildering to say the least.

I've never seen anything quite like it, have you?

Hello... another refugee?

MG

Yes, it's me, Sandi

Hi Sandi - it's SO good to have you over here.

The thing I've really missed about AAJ is your memories of the musicians you've known.

MG

MG

Yes, it's me, Sandi

Sandi! ... Very good to see you here.

I might as well chime in and say although I've posted here off and on in the past, I count myself as part of the pool of refugees washing ashore here. And I'm finally taking the time to get familiar with the nooks and crannies here. Very nice. Really dig the musicians corners. A wealth of information. Was very glad indeed to see Bev, seeline and now other displaced AAJ-ers here now.

:tup

MG

Yes, it's me, Sandi

Hi Sandi - it's SO good to have you over here.

The thing I've really missed about AAJ is your memories of the musicians you've known.

MG

What I've missed over there are your posts MG, I mean really, your's along with several others who were either banned, or just left after they felt that other members were being unfairly singled out with shoddy treatment. Like you with Lonson. I admired your stance involving him, but really hated to see you go. Lonson had contributed so much, and is a great guy, so losing him just didn't sit well, just as the thing with Clave (Ellen), doesn't either. I can't make sense of any of it.

I've been treated well on AAJ, very well in fact, but so many of the members I've always felt were simpatico, well, they're gone, and it has become dull too much of the time without them.

I've been a member here for a few years, but have really not been posting, periodically reading what goes on, as I hadn't quite figured out the system here, and had lost my information for logging on.

For those of us who stopped visiting AAJ some time ago, is there a short version of what happened over there that anyone cares to share?

From what I gather, Ed Byrne and "Clave" had disagreements on the Musician thread and another one about musical theory. I hadn't really followed what happened between them, but Mike didn't like Clave and Ed's back and forths and came down on Ed's side of the situation going on between them. Then when a thread became somewhat abusive towards Ed, nothing at all being said against Ed by Clave, when humor was injected by JFitzGenius, after a comment about berets being worn, and JFitz talking about Cowboy hats being Verboten, Clave posted a photo of a musican in a black hat, and then of another one in a Cowboy hat, we kibitzed back and forth about Cowboys, rednecks, (me telling about an encounter with a couple of no talent singer guitar players singing about Rich and myself one afternoon), nothing at all was being said or implied about Ed being anything at all. It was just humor on a thread that was going nowhere, it had run it's course, and Ed had left the equasion, so those posts were deleted, and Clave was told she'd be banned as they wanted to keep the posts on jazz and wanted them to be intelligent and if she didn't stay off the musician board, and follow directives about the post Jay Noram had started on Ed, she would be banned. So in the end that's what happened, she was banned. Much ado about nothing.

I wish Ed Byrne would come over here. I hope that self-important "jazz critic" stays, along with "New Mike," "orronie," and a handful of others (if they, indeed, are still there. We occasionally have our flare-ups and differences here--that's inevitable--but the big O is a community that comes together when the need is there, as we recently saw. Can't imagine that happening on those other forums.

Eula, thanks for the excellent--and somewhat Faulkneresque :) --summary.

Eula's my mothers name, so just call me Sandi, or Saundra. And you're welcome (once again).

I can't get used to this system, so I'm double posting, etc. I do that anyway, but give me time and I'll get most of the bells and whistles figured out. Or so I like to believe.

Edited by EulaM

Guest Bill Barton

Welcome to all of the "refugees"!

Interesting... I never "felt at home" there (that *other* board) and haven't even lurked for at least a couple of years. Probably I wasn't posting on the Big O when ya'll left, so it's more a straight-up "welcome" than a "welcome back" from me.

Welcome to all of the "refugees"!

Interesting... I never "felt at home" there (that *other* board) and haven't even lurked for at least a couple of years. Probably I wasn't posting on the Big O when ya'll left, so it's more a straight-up "welcome" than a "welcome back" from me.

I remember when you left, I had asked you about where you lived as I knew a Barton, or perhaps it was Burton, who lived up in Sisters, Oregon, and then you were gone. Thought that perhaps I had blown your cover, ha!