Peter Brötzmann Corner

AndrewHill

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have Live in Berlin '71 with Mangelsdorff, Bennink and Van Hove? Thoughts on that one?

I have it, but haven't listened to it in quite some time. I recall really enjoying it. If you do a search in Recommendations I believe we had some discussion, with very positive feedback, regarding this disc in the Funny Rat thread.

At this point it would seem crass to start a "selling" thread so I will post this info here.

Okka/Brotz doings - message from Bruno:

Here is the last release of the year and it's a

biggie!

To help celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Peter

Brötzmann Chicago Tentet we bring you "At Molde 2007"

OD12072 recorded on July 20th of this year during the

groups last European tour. 74 minutes of great great

music!

Also back for a limited time the original Peter

Brötzman Octet/Tentet 3 disc box OD12022. I have a few

hundred for distribution and then it will come back as

a slim single disc package just like the Territory

Band-5 of last year.

If you are interested, I have these in stock. Contact me at nessarecords@charter.net .

I'm sure Clem will be a "first responder". :ph34r:

At this point it would seem crass to start a "selling" thread so I will post this info here.

Okka/Brotz doings - message from Bruno:

Here is the last release of the year and it's a

biggie!

To help celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Peter

Brötzmann Chicago Tentet we bring you "At Molde 2007"

OD12072 recorded on July 20th of this year during the

groups last European tour. 74 minutes of great great

music!

Also back for a limited time the original Peter

Brötzman Octet/Tentet 3 disc box OD12022. I have a few

hundred for distribution and then it will come back as

a slim single disc package just like the Territory

Band-5 of last year.

If you are interested, I have these in stock. Contact me at nessarecords@charter.net .

I'm sure Clem will be a "first responder". :ph34r:

Didn't make sense til I read the Brotzman thread in the Jazz in Print Forum.

I'm nearly done with my first listen to Tales Out of Time. Excellent stuff! Very subdued (more than, say, Guts, the live disc by the same band). This one sounds to me to be closer to McPhee's aesthetic than to Brotzmann's. But in any case, it's very, very good.

I'm nearly done with my first listen to Tales Out of Time. Excellent stuff! Very subdued (more than, say, Guts, the live disc by the same band). This one sounds to me to be closer to McPhee's aesthetic than to Brotzmann's. But in any case, it's very, very good.

That's the one on Hat, right? I had this one in my hands at the store earlier today, but opted for 14 Love Poems. Thanks for the quick review. Maybe I'll head back and pick it up.

That's the one on Hat, right? I had this one in my hands at the store earlier today, but opted for 14 Love Poems. Thanks for the quick review. Maybe I'll head back and pick it up.

Yes, it's the one on hat. And I believe it can be had for cheap at most of your friendly hat retailers. :)

Brotz does ballads!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

In case anybody's interested: Corbett vs. Dempsey is selling a recording of Broetzmann / Harry Miller 1980 duo concert recording from their website for $20: http://corbettvsdempsey.com/publications.html

Please note that this is an audience recording of merely adequate sound quality and it is just 14 minutes long. However, this is a scantily documented (on CD, at least) collaboration, and the music is good (although definitely not the best Broetzmann out there).

cvsd0019a.jpg