Peter Brötzmann Corner

AndrewHill

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

If you like Peter Brotzmann (and I certainly do!), I hope you are picking up on the Cien Fuegos LP reissues. Here's a message from them on future releases:

We are very happy to work with the exceptional artist Peter Brötzmann – and are even more happy that this cooperation will continue in the future!

The first three releases are nearly sold out, so we are already planning the next ones…

In spring 2012 we will release:

CF004 BRÖTZMANN / BENNINK – Schwarzwaldfahrt LP

CF005 BRÖTZMANN / MILLER / MOHOLO – The nearer the bone, the sweeter the meat LP

CF006 BRÖTZMANN / BENNINK / VAN HOWE / EISLER – Einheitsfrontlied 7“ (Recordstoreday 2012 release)

Besides we will start a second series with Austrian wave/avantgarde treasures from late 70s/early 80s:

CFX001 CHUZPE – 1000 Takte Tanz LP

CFX002 HOTEL MORPHILA ORCHESTER – Schwarze Energie LP (band of internationally known artist/director Peter Weibel)

further down in 2012…on TROST Records we work on a big release to cover the 4-day „unlimited“ festival, „Long Story Short“, curated by Brötzmann with many, many wonderful bands and projects in wels, austria in november 2011.

It will be a cd box and selected vinyls.

And, in cooperation with the DVD label PAN Records we will release a DVD about the „Fukushima Special“ concert of the CHICAGO TENTET (with guests KONDO, YAGI, SAKATA and YOSHIHIDE) as a benefits-project for Fukushima.

That is some exciting news excited.gif

• 1 month later...

I was mightly taken by the preview clip Cafe Oto provide. I hadn't realised but if you order the vinyl you get down load link gratis @320 what-evers. Looking forward to this.

No I didn't realise the DL was free with the vinyl either. Not until I read your other post in the 'now playing' thread did I think to check inthe relevant email account. Just DL'd it but so far holding on for the vinyl before listening - not sure why.....

I think I'll try and make the launch gig. Saw the trio with Longberg-Holm and Paal NL the other week which was good but became truly astounding when Steve Noble was added for the second set

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

NS_logo_purple%202.jpg
divider2.gifspacer.gif
Nameless Sound and the Cornudas Mountain Foundation present A Rare Site-Specific Performance
in the vast West Texas Desert
Peter Brötzmann
at The Hill of James Magee
NamelessHil.jpg
at The Hill of James Magee
Saturday, October 12, 2013, 3pm
James Magee's The Hill, near Cornudas, Texas
Tickets $75 each, purchase by Paypal or call 713-928-5653

The Cornudas Mountain Foundation and Nameless Sound present a rare site-specific event in the vast West Texas desert. German saxophonist Peter Brötzmann will perform solo sets for an intimate audience at “The Hill”, a monumental (yet very personal) work of art, isolated on remote private land 70 miles East of El Paso.

Over 30 years in the making, The Hill is the life work of James Magee (b. 1946, Newaygo County, Michigan). Complex and powerful, The Hill consists of four buildings (40 feet long, 20 feet wide and 17 feet in height), all of which house installations by Magee. Built from irregularly-cut shale rock, each building is entered through a majestic iron portal, 8 feet wide and the full height of the building. The Hill sits in a gently rolling landscape with mesmerizing views of mesas, mountains, and limitless West Texas skies. Having done much of the work himself or with one assistant, The Hill has been an impressively solitary endeavor for Magee. In its three decades, only a small number of people have visited the site. This concert offers a visit to the site, as well as a musical experience. It follows several other creative music presentations at The Hill, including a concert by Bob Ostertag in 1999 and a Nameless Sound-curated event featuring saxophonists Joe McPhee and John Butcher in 2010.

For over forty years, the groundbreaking German multi-reedist Peter Brötzmann (b. 1941, Remscheid, Germany) has peeled the paint off concert halls with his massive tone, rough timbre, and relentless attack. Brötzmann studied painting at the Art Academy of Wuppertal in the late 1950s and soon began associating with Fluxus artists including Joseph Beuys and Nam-June Paik. By 1968 he had refocused his creative efforts on music and with an eight-piece group, recorded and self-issued Machine Gun, an incendiary LP that documented the leading voices of the burgeoning European free jazz revolution. In the decades since, Brotzmann has released over fifty albums as a leader while rampaging his way around the globe, taking on such fellow travelers as Han Bennink, Derek Bailey, Cecil Taylor, William Parker, Joe McPhee, and countless others. Brötzmann has a reputation for an extremely physical and powerfully expressionistic approach to music making. But a more in depth exploration reveals music with a vulnerable and lyrical core, music with roots in the blues. It's this balance of power, humanity and vulnerability that makes his performance a perfect match with the site-specific work of James Magee.

For information about James Magee, The Hill, and The Cornudas Mountain Foundation:

http://www.mageehill.org

http://www.amazon.com/James-Magee-Richard-R-Brettell/dp/379135079X

• 3 weeks later...

13 XI san francisco center for new music duo with paal nilssen-love
14 XI santa cruz kuumbwa jazz duo with paal nilssen-love
15 XI oakland duende duo with paal nilssen-love
16 XI seattle earshot jazz festival duo with paal nilssen-love
17 XI portland portland creative music guild duo with paal nilssen-love
21 XI albuquerque the outpost duo with jason adasiewicz
23 XI edmonton yardbird suite duo with jason adasiewicz

Also.

eremite is looking for interested & capable concert organizers to present the peter brötzmann / hamid drake / william parker trio. dates of availability are late may > mid june 2014, territory is north america. please pass this email on to the appropriate folks in your community & maybe we'll be seeing you.

eremiterecords@gmail.com

13 XI san francisco center for new music duo with paal nilssen-love

14 XI santa cruz kuumbwa jazz duo with paal nilssen-love

15 XI oakland duende duo with paal nilssen-love

16 XI seattle earshot jazz festival duo with paal nilssen-love

17 XI portland portland creative music guild duo with paal nilssen-love

21 XI albuquerque the outpost duo with jason adasiewicz

23 XI edmonton yardbird suite duo with jason adasiewicz

Also.

eremite is looking for interested & capable concert organizers to present the peter brötzmann / hamid drake / william parker trio. dates of availability are late may > mid june 2014, territory is north america. please pass this email on to the appropriate folks in your community & maybe we'll be seeing you.

eremiterecords@gmail.com

anywhere near me and I'll be there

Die Like a Dog, baby

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...