It's a Wonderful Organissimo Board

ghost of miles

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or we could have a gladiator fight - everybody who's battled it out here...last one left standing gets to dance with Berigan -

I'd pay money to see that. But I hear Berigan has two right feet.

Hey! I am a tried and true lefty!!! :bwallace: I have to do everything as a southpaw! Which of course puts me in my right mind! :crazy:

Guest Bill Barton

Bill: Jim Anderson did indeed migrate over here. The "Ask the Engineer" thread is buried somewhere, but hasn't been very active lately.

Thanks, Joe! I'll have to search for it...

I've just made my second donation this year, particularly for the maintenance of the live chat feature. I can say for sure that the usual live chat crowd more than covered the $75 when Jim first brought up the extra costs last January/February.

I haven't had any income for over a year and have gone back to school. I can't even borrow enough money to get me through school, but I can still find a way to donate a few bucks. Everyone can; and Jim should not be left with the tab to pay.

As for moderation, I would like to have at least one helper. My brother used to help me, but he is also very busy and doesn't have as much invested in this community anymore anyway. I think the most logical person would be Sangry, but it is a job that requires a time commitment and I do not blame anyone for not wanting to be a part of that. Or maybe, as suggested, the chair can rotate every few months.

I might be your man for that, Jim, for starters, but tell me a bit about what's involved -- in terms of time but mostly in terms of what kinds of things have to be decided and other practicalities, not that what I just mentioned only has to do with practicalities. I can guess, of course, but I should say first that having poked my nose into almost every thread or kind of thread on Organissimo since the dawn of the forum, I've seen very few things that made it onto a thread that I had any doubts should have been there. I would tend to err on the side of freedom, though at the same time I think I have a good sense of when trollishishness is present; and that I loathe and probably would tend to try to stop in its tracks, if only because trollishness can easily destroy large portions of the landscape. Argument, even fairly angry arguments with some degree of name-calling -- OK. Mere provocation -- never.

Rather late, but count me as another willing to make whatever financial contribution is necessary to keep things going.

The board has been important to me over the last few years and there really is nowhere else quite like it.

Will send another donation very soon.

Last but not least, on a personal note, Goodspeak and 7/4 will now and forever remain on my Ignore list, without exception. They can goad me all they want, you have my word that I will not engage them in any way, shape or form. I don't pretend that I am in any way blameless in that situation, so its time to step up and do what needs to be done.

Would this include dropping an avatar you purposely, and by your own admission, adopted as an in-your-face towards me?

You are hurting the cause here, Dan.

Either put up or shut up.

Dig?

One more issue that maybe needs to be addressed. Sometimes the board acts up due to technology, either the server or software. I recall at least once it happened while Jim was at a gig, he comes home at 1 or 2 AM and sees he has a database/server mess to deal with. Not fun to sleep knowing you have to wake up to that. And that's the type of b.s. that can make a Dad (or anybody) cranky.

Just reading Jim's last post I do read a need for a paternity leave for him, and preferably before the baby is born. This is all up to Jim of course, but is it possible that someone else could take control of the responsibility of when technical support is needed? Not sure how this works, how much technical knowledge is required, what permissions are or might be needed. It probably is much more than making a call to technical support. But I just a thought I'm putting out there to better increase the quality family time.

Gonna go "old school" for the holidays and mail a check this time.

I see.

So we are willing to sacrifice one poster's sensibilities in favor of a proven verbally abusive poster who thinks nothing of cussing out, flaming or putting down other posters....yes, and even with an avatar he said himself he chose on purpose just to piss me off.

If this is the case.....Organissimo is as good as dead, Guys.

If he can be allowed to do it to me, he can be allowed to do it to anyone of us.

Either he stops all of it or the promise of his [pretend] cooperation means nothing and Jim will have to fight that battle yet again.

So what's it gonna be, Guys?

You cannot have it both ways.

Edited by GoodSpeak