It's a Wonderful Organissimo Board

ghost of miles

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he can be allowed to do it to me he can be allowed to do it to anyone of us.

I don't take him seriously - that's why he's ignoring my posts or so he says and that's why I make fun of him. Bah!

I understand your point, but a bully is a bully is a bully.

No matter how much we ignore him, he will still be a bully.

Either we stand up to him now or say good-bye to this place. Jim has made it eminently clear what his intentions are if we continue to flame each other.

Why should Dan Gould be allowed to continue to do this to any poster...on any level?

This shit needs to stop and stop now.

I see.

So we are willing to sacrifice one poster's sensibilities in favor of a proven verbally abusive poster who thinks nothing of cussing out, flaming or putting down other posters....yeas, and even with an avatar he said himself he chose on purpose just to piss me off.

If this is the case.....Organissimo is as good as dead, Guys.

I don't have a dog in this fight, since I have no idea what it's about, but as Chuck mentioned, Dan is Dan, and you're not the first to be on the receiving end here. In fact you're in good company. And although he may have chosen that avatar to piss you off, you can exercise the choice not to be pissed off about it. Hell, rostasi had that avatar months ago and nobody was pissed about it. Just a little grossed out, in my case. :eye:

I see.

So we are willing to sacrifice one poster's sensibilities in favor of a proven verbally abusive poster who thinks nothing of cussing out, flaming or putting down other posters....yeas, and even with an avatar he said himself he chose on purpose just to piss me off.

If this is the case.....Organissimo is as good as dead, Guys.

I don't have a dog in this fight, since I have no idea what it's about, but as Chuck mentioned, Dan is Dan, and you're not the first to be on the receiving end here. In fact you're in good company. And although he may have chosen that avatar to piss you off, you can exercise the choice not to be pissed off about it. Hell, rostasi had that avatar months ago and nobody was pissed about it. Just a little grossed out, in my case. :eye:

I understand the concept, Joe....and in large part, you would be right.

It is the obvious and blantant attempt at flaming me I don't get.

The words are easy to ignore. The avatar isn't. Dan knows that.

If you have a function wherein I can block a specific poster's avatar then I am all for what you just said. But because the avatar is visual and cannot be ignored if you scroll, read or puruse the posts on each thread, this would be a whole different deal.

The man is a complete menace to the sensible particulars Jim has set down for this BBS continued success. His promise to ignore list 7/4 and me mean absolutely nothing if he continues to visually assault anyone...by his own stated intentions.

If Dan [his avatar in particular] isn't censored it is no different than allowing the verbal flaming to continue.

And we're back to square one.

Edited by GoodSpeak

The man is a complete menace to the sensible particulars Jim has set down for this BBS continued success. His promise to ignore list 7/4 and me mean absolutely nothing if he continues to visually assault anyone...by his own stated intentions.

His avatar doesn't seem to bother anyone else. You're the exception here. Sometimes you have to accept what the majority accepts, or if you can't, just suck it up and accept that you're different about it from everyone else.

His avatar doesn't seem to bother anyone else. You're the exception here. Sometimes you have to accept what the majority accepts, or if you can't, just suck it up and accept that you're different about it from everyone else.

And what I have said to you about being a Dallas fan bothers nobody else except you.

Don't you see?

If we allow this sort of piss-poor behavior for one poster, what is the justification to stop anyone from doing this sort of thing?

If you can do it to one poster, you can justify it for any poster.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Couldn't agree more. Good god, Larry moderating this place? Priceless.

P.S. Paul, I'm sorry to hear about the job woes--had no idea. If live chat worked on my damn mac, I probably would have. Hope things work out--for the best.

Peter

Here's a vote of support for Larry Kart as a mod. :tup

Thanks for the kind words, Pete. Guys like you make this board special!

Now that someone has quoted Goodspeak's posts, I know now what his problem is. As I stated, he has been placed on the Ignore list. He also sent me two PMs, I moved to block his PMs before opening them.

IMHO, his complaint, and apocalyptic threats, have no validity whatsoever.

I will change my avatar, if and only if, Jim Alfredson asks me to do so. There has been a solution from the start - change your board settings to make avatars not visible - yet Goodspeak refuses to avail himself of this option.

I like this avatar a great deal - and it has nothing to do with whether or not it continues to piss him off. I like it as a reminder to myself that whatever instinct I may have to "go medieval" on someone on this board, its really a bit silly to fly off the handle like that. I see myself in that gif of the angry, crazy person battering himself into oblivion over something he sees in the pixels.

In short, that avatar serves as a reminder to me that there is no reason to post bitter hateful things. It reminds me of what I used to be, and why I intend to change.

I intend to change - but the avatar stays.

And what I have said to you about being a Dallas fan bothers noone else except you.

Don't you see?

If we allow this sort of piss-poor behavior for one poster, what is the justification to stop anyone from doing this sort of thing?

I honestly don't remember being bothered. Or if I was, it's long over with.

And what I have said to you about being a Dallas fan bothers noone else except you.

Don't you see?

You freaked on me, Aggie.

Be honest.

Now that you have let it go, does that suddenly justify it?

Now that someone has quoted Goodspeak's posts, I know now what his problem is. As I stated, he has been placed on the Ignore list. He also sent me two PMs, I moved to block his PMs before opening them.

A likely story...

In short, that avatar serves as a reminder to me that there is no reason to post bitter hateful things. It reminds me of what I used to be, and why I intend to change.

Time will tell, eh?

Don't you see?

You freaked on me, Aggie.

Be honest.

Now that you have let it go, does that suddenly justify it?

Ah, you mean the time when you couldn't figure out how I came to live in Germany a few times. I still don't recall being upset or bothered by what you said.

Either way, that's just something that was between you and me - not something for the whole board to deal with. Like your problem with Dan's avatar.

The board has much more worthwhile things to worry about lately, IMO.

Edited by Aggie87

Let me add one more thing:

Goodspeak bitches that I am refusing to abide by Jim's directives. Yet what is it that Jim said:

Use the ignore function

I am doing that; he can't seem to manage it himself. He now says that if he can change the settings to not see my avatar, he would do so. So here is the only message I will ever direct to Goodspeak:

Click My Controls

Click Board Settings (on the left column)

Change

Do you wish to view members avatars when reading topics?

to "no"

Done and done.

I will change my avatar, if and only if, Jim Alfredson asks me to do so. There has been a solution from the start - change your board settings to make avatars not visible - yet Goodspeak refuses to avail himself of this option.

I like this avatar a great deal - and it has nothing to do with whether or not it continues to piss him off. I like it as a reminder to myself that whatever instinct I may have to "go medieval" on someone on this board, its really a bit silly to fly off the handle like that. I see myself in that gif of the angry, crazy person battering himself into oblivion over something he sees in the pixels.

Not exactly, Guys.

He clearly stated on the thread I [stupidly] started regarding Aloc's use of the very same avatar that he was now going to use it specifically to piss me off.

I have since apologized to Jim and to Jerry for starting that thread and not PM'ing Aloc/Jerry instead.

I screwed up. I was dead dog wrong on that one.

But Dan Gould insists upon being a jerk about it and dumped his dog [which he had as an avatar and in his signature] in favor of the avatar he picked as an in-your-face.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Not exactly, Guys.

He clearly stated on the thread I [stupidly] started regarding Aloc's use of the very same avatar that he was now going to use it specifically to piss me off.

I have since apologized to Jim and to Jerry for starting that thread and not PM'ing Aloc/Jerry instead.

I screwed up. I was dead dog wrong on that one.

But Dan Gould insists upon being a jerk about it and dumpoed his dog [which he had as an avatar and in his signature] in favor of the avatar he picked as an in-your-face.

Goodie:

STFU!

PLEASE! Let's not get a nasty exchange going after all the angst cum Kumbaya we have been through in the past 36 hours! And over a silly avatar? Are we grown up, or what?

Tim, Dan Gould and I used to be at each other's throat, I had terrible names hurled at me and I gave back in my own fashion. It was silly and a waste of both our times. We still don't see eye to eye on things political, but--in the big scheme of things--it just isn't that important, is it? I also think Conrad and I can get along swimmingly when we look back and see that having differing opinions can be an asset. Rise above the avatar, Tim, enjoy the uniqueness of the Big O. This is not the Big Oy! :)

Butcha know what?

You decide, Guys.

If Dan Gould's ego is more important than this BBS's health and continued success...then vote me off this island. OK?

I refuse to continue posting in a place where only certain types of abuse is tolerated but blanket condemnations of abuse is reason for shutting this place down. Dan Gould is a hypocrite and you all know it.

If I am that bad to have around, shut my account down and boot me from this BBS. Then enjoy Dan Gould's abuse to the fullest.

But remember....I told you so.

Edited by GoodSpeak

All you've told us that you don't like his avatar....100 times. Nobody agrees with you. Let it go.

If anyone else is bothered by Dan, they seem to either ignore him or develop some sort of coping mechanism. I'd guess people do that for anyone that bothers them that much, on any board.

Edited by Aggie87

All you've told us that you don't like his avatar....100 times. Nobody agrees with you. Let it go.

If anyone else is bothered by Dan, them seem to either ignore him or develop some sort of coping mechanism. I'd guess people do that for anyone that bothers them that much, on any board.

No Aggie all I've told you is Dan chose his avatar specifically to piss me off...let me go. Open your eyes.

Either boot my ass or take Dan to task.

You cannot have it both ways.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Wow. Caught wind of this issue late yesterday, and just spent the last hour plowing through this thread.

Not sure I'm a lurker; most of the time, just don't have much to contribute. I'm much more reading and learning; compiling a long list of Zoot Sims albums to download, for example. When I have something to say, I contribute.

But then, I'm still not comfortable with a lot of the Internet. Not sure who'll read these posts, what they'll make of them, and just the idea of having these words appear through a Google search through probably the end of time...yuk.

But I do log on here virtually every day, just to read what's going on. I avoid the non-music discussions - learned that from the old BNBB. Still don't feel entirely comfortable with some posters because of what I read there. Ah well, live and learn, as Gordon says to Thomas.

This board does mean a lot to me. I was moved by what Jim wrote. I hadn't given much thought to what it takes to run this board; my bad. A $50 check is in the mail.

But Jim, if you can, you should also take heart by what you've achieved here. This board is a great place to read - the mix of styles, opinions and content is priceless. You took what was great about the BNBB and made it better, by some mysterious alchemy - you knew best when to leave alone, and when to direct, and when to enhance. You're the producer, literally this board's Alfred Lion.

Hopefully, the past tenses in the last paragraph will change to present tenses, and the board will continue. But if it doesn't, I've really appreciated it.

Oh yeah: coffee1000 at gmail.com. I can't get any more spam there than what I currently get.

Michael