It's a Wonderful Organissimo Board

ghost of miles

Jim,

Is there any way--without spending a ton of your own valuable time or hiring an accountant--to determine how much of your own $$ you've sunk into this operation in 2007? Perhaps some portion of the current surplus, or some of the still incoming end of the year donations (...maybe that are specified to apply to 2007), could be used to pay you back for (at least some of) your past dollar investments. When 2009 approaches, we can have another shout out for shekels.

I echo Lazaro's point that running a BBS should not be taking $ away from pursuing your art. That's tough enough already.

I second that. I was about to ask the same thing.

And when the total expenses for 2007 are known, a NEW thread should be started (and pinned) with all the data in the first post, so that everyone can easily find said figures in the future.

In order for enough people to contribute in the future, everyone needs to be aware of the expenses of keeping the heat on, and the lights lit. Such data shouldn't be buried in the middle of what will surely turn out to be a 40+ page thread.

Edited by Rooster_Ties

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when the total expenses for 2007 are known, a NEW thread should be started (and pinned) with all the data in the first post, so that everyone can easily find said figures in the future.

In order for enough people to contribute in the future, everyone needs to be aware of the expenses of keeping the heat on, and the lights lit. Such data shouldn't be buried in the middle of what will surely turn out to be a 40+ page thread.

Just an idea: is there something like a cost-o-meter, showing the current amount of costs for the year so far, a possible leftover debit from the previous year, and the amount of donations, and sum total, so members could throw in their donations whenever it is appropriate?

I think we users should take the responsiblity for the board as far as possible, financially.

Any surplus donations could go into the next band CD and given to members with a discount or other special conditions, if the band wants to.

as i'm only a longtime "lurker" (and not an active member) of this board i can not add very much to all this discussions.

all i can say is .... whenever i'm looking for some jazz-related informations and opinions (about an artist or some specific album) the first thing i do is scanning the organissimo-board (by using google).

that's how good this board is. :)

you don't by any chance work for the NSA?

no, we don't.

oh ... and could you please turn off the virus scanner on your system ... it's not fully compatible with our remote access software ... we are getting error messages everytime we try to access your hard drive ... thanks for cooperating with us ! :cool:

thanks for the welcome messages @catesta and @paul secor. :)

no, we don't.

oh ... and could you please turn off the virus scanner on your system ... it's not fully compatible with our remote access software ... we are getting error messages everytime we try to access your hard drive ... thanks for cooperating with us ! :cool:

:lol:

no, we don't.

Heh. Yeah, you'll fit in here just fine. :lol:

Now that there's been some time for checks to arrive, can we get an update on the amount that was ultimately raised?

What's it to you?

I was thinking the same thing. But then I remember that Dan was amongst those who mailed in checks. I suspect he wants to see the effect of such mailings. But then, maybe I should let him answer. :g