It's a Wonderful Organissimo Board

ghost of miles

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another $100 is in the Paypal account. I'm just blown away.

Concerning organissimo's CD debt, freeing up the income from CDBaby and the like will help diminish that fairly quickly. We're going to start recording in my home studio hopefully this month. When we're ready to have it mixed and mastered professionally and also duplicated, we'll do pre-orders and the sponsor drive thing that we did the last time for "This Is The Place" to help offset those costs.

I am hoping that by recording the album ourselves we can save some good money and get out of the red quicker than the past two projects.

I'm also working on more video, possibly a DVD. I have to see what we have so far...

I can't thank everybody enough.

Concerning organissimo's CD debt, freeing up the income from CDBaby and the like will help diminish that fairly quickly. We're going to start recording in my home studio hopefully this month. When we're ready to have it mixed and mastered professionally and also duplicated, we'll do pre-orders and the sponsor drive thing that we did the last time for "This Is The Place" to help offset those costs.

I am hoping that by recording the album ourselves we can save some good money and get out of the red quicker than the past two projects.

I'm also working on more video, possibly a DVD. I have to see what we have so far...

:tup

all good news. and we can't thank you enough!

p.s. btw, just realized that the number of my posts showing is far less than what it should be. i think the board started me all over again once when it went down. doesn't really matter though.

Edited by ValerieB

I don't know what kind of traffic the site provides from a strictly analytic POV, but I am willing to guess that you could make some easy bread by putting some Google AdSense adverts at the bottom of pages. Down below, they would be unobtrusive. They only need to be served, not clicked upon, to get credit. Slap in the code, and the money will start to come in. The page's traffic is similar to one that I deal with, and there is about $15/month worth of income. Not a lot, but it would cover 10% of server costs each month.

I don't know what kind of traffic the site provides from a strictly analytic POV, but I am willing to guess that you could make some easy bread by putting some Google AdSense adverts at the bottom of pages. Down below, they would be unobtrusive. They only need to be served, not clicked upon, to get credit. Slap in the code, and the money will start to come in. The page's traffic is similar to one that I deal with, and there is about $15/month worth of income. Not a lot, but it would cover 10% of server costs each month.

I think we voted that no a while back. I wouldn't mind...

Guest Bill Barton

Another $100 is in the Paypal account. I'm just blown away... I can't thank everybody enough.

And I would second the (e)motion that "we can't thank you enough. This is a great place!

I tried the ad thing for a bit. Frankly, I am kind of proud that this is one place on the web that doesn't have advertising. It gets pretty old, imo. We're bombarded by it constantly.

This is truly admirable. I know what you mean... It's damned near impossible to avoid all of those ads. Anyone who regularly uses the All Music Guide, for instance, really gives their pop-up blocker software an acid test :blink:.

Thanks again for everything, Jim, and my best wishes to you and your family to have a great holiday season, regardless of the particular holiday or holidays you celebrate.

I think organissimo owes you all some more holiday tunes!

respectfully requesting Organissimo versions of

"Backdoor Santa" by Clarence Carter

"Christmas In Jail-- Ain't That A Pain?" by Leroy Carr

"If We Make It Through December" by Merle Haggard

mucho gracias,

edc

Respectfully requesting Organissimo version of

All Along The Watchtower (Zimmermann). Funky version, please. :)

I know, not a holyday tunes, but I never get tired of it.

Someone explain to me why he is making a stand over something that with three clicks, he can eliminate from view forever.

I believe he is making a stand because you are purposely doing it to irritate him and only for this reason. m~

And to his credit, Dan has moved on and I have since purchased an Organissimo CD.

Thank you, Dan.

I've been out of town all week and have only been able to check in here briefly a few times. Can someone summarize where we're at with the board? Is it going away for sure? Are we sending $$ to keep it going? Are there going to be volunteer moderators (Conn, for example? He's got nothing else to do these days :lol:)

I don't feel like pouring through over a dozen pages right now. :cool:

Basically, it was decided that you would foot the bill for this board completely. Thanks bud! :tup

Excellent! :excited:

Someone needs to prepare a one-page executive summary of this thread for me, so that I won't have to waste a few days plowing through 492 posts. :eye::eye:

1) Jim's had it, board is toast

2) Members unite, send major bread and moral support

3) Board gets reprieve, lives to fight another day

4) Some members don't like each other but call (temporary) truce

5) Epilogue: everything is beautiful once again

A Quinn Martin Production

:)

Someone needs to prepare a one-page executive summary of this thread for me, so that I won't have to waste a few days plowing through 492 posts. :eye::eye:

Dude, you've been spening WAY too much time hangin' out here.

Brilliant!!!!!!

MG

Great news! And glad to hear that the O is staying :tup

Jim,

Is there any way--without spending a ton of your own valuable time or hiring an accountant--to determine how much of your own $$ you've sunk into this operation in 2007? Perhaps some portion of the current surplus, or some of the still incoming end of the year donations (...maybe that are specified to apply to 2007), could be used to pay you back for (at least some of) your past dollar investments. When 2009 approaches, we can have another shout out for shekels.

I echo Lazaro's point that running a BBS should not be taking $ away from pursuing your art. That's tough enough already.

I second that. I was about to ask the same thing.