It's a Wonderful Organissimo Board

ghost of miles

Jim

There has been some talk in this thread about you using some of the cash to reduce your debts for the last Organissimo CD, since you've diverted some of the income that could have been used to reduce that debt to meeting the board's costs.

I think that would be fair. I'm sure no one wants to see the band's progression to another CD halted, or even delayed further, because you've given financial priority to the board.

MG

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim

There has been some talk in this thread about you using some of the cash to reduce your debts for the last Organissimo CD, since you've diverted some of the income that could have been used to reduce that debt to meeting the board's costs.

I think that would be fair. I'm sure no one wants to see the band's progression to another CD halted, or even delayed further, because you've given financial priority to the board.

MG

Agree. And we all will become to some extent "producers". Like Chuck :excited:

we can use the money for an Organissimo Fuel Assistance Program, especially since Hugo Chavez won't return my calls; slogan: "help keep jazz musicians warm." We'll start with the letters A-L; well, guys, the line forms right behind me - hey, Kart, get lost; you have to know how to play an instrument -

Edited by AllenLowe

Jim

MG

I feel the same way, Jim. You could always leave a little in the kitty to handle emergency maintenance costs (if such a thing exists.) But there's no reason why you can't repay at least a good portion of what you had to divert into maintaining the existence of this board.

As far as I am concerned the money I have sent in (and will in the future submit) is Jim's to use as he sees fit. My interest is to see the Organissimo board stay alive, period!

Now that's the spirit! I see no reason for anyone here to hold Jim accountable for donations.

As far as I am concerned the money I have sent in (and will in the future submit) is Jim's to use as he sees fit. My interest is to see the Organissimo board stay alive, period!

Now that's the spirit! I see no reason for anyone here to hold Jim accountable for donations.

Correct, but I can't see any reason because he shouldn't be refund for the debt he contracted for the board. Along the years Jim asked several times for donation in order to cover board's cost and, AFIK, these donations didn't so it wouldn't be such a great problem for me, if part of my donation would go in that way.

Correct, but I can't see any reason because he shouldn't be refund for the debt he contracted for the board. Along the years Jim asked several times for donation in order to cover board's cost and, AFIK, these donations didn't so it wouldn't be such a great problem for me, if part of my donation would go in that way.

Quite right.

MG

• 2 weeks later...

We got another $500 in checks. That brings the total raised to about $3400. Enough to pay for the server for almost two years! :) Very cool!

That's great to hear! I kind of slept through the situation as it developed. If I

hadn't just lost my job I'd be sending some money myself - maybe next year...

As of January 1, 2008, this place will be no more. Enjoy it while it lasts. And no, I'm not kidding.

I was just thinking how little time we would have had left if this had been the final decision. I'm sure grateful for the big show of support for Jim and his decision to keep things going.

It would have been a real drag if this had been our final week!

Because of this the New Year will be a little happier....... :)

• 2 months later...

where is Rostasi?!!! this was his last post!

:o

Is this the same guy?

Yes.

And Rod's fine, or at least seems to be. Probably just busy. He's got lots of irons in the fires.

Indeed, a very interesting guy to say the least... he occasioanlly posts in the what ar eyou listening to thread over at AAJ too... only has two posts though because the previous one is deleted when he posts a new one. The only reason he has two is because a thread got locked on him...

Oh, goodness. You guys are still around?

I thought that this place went to the great

grinder in the sky. The (O)wners are pulling their hair out by now?

Wordsandsounds just sent me a shout over at Last.FM pointing here.

Yup, he's right about the posts over at AA"j",

but why clutter up the servers with old news.

It's pretty boring over there anyway:

it's not even interesting enuf to make it an illicit affair.

Jim's right too! New and old projects...

• Zorn wanted something for his new book...

• Stockhausen's death births an

article for a German Musik magazine...

• Creating audio from pictures, but trying to get

past the "novelty" aspect...

• "Realizing" a work of mine (piano) from the early 70's,

that wasn't technically feasible at that time...

• Sifting and sighing <ohhh...> over the mess of things

that need to go up on eBay...

• big etc

Still doing the "rodcasts"

(now known as "Concerts By the C" - with apologies to Mista' "Misty")

almost round-the-clock these days - 'cept if it gets in the way of

some (technical) cleanup which has to happen every once in a while.

Is there such a thing as "incidental" cracking?

Just occasional visits to the hand-to-hand man?

R~~