It's a Wonderful Organissimo Board

ghost of miles

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank Jim for hosting this board for as long as he has. He gave us a home when the BNBB shut down, and for that we should all be very grateful. I'm very, very sad to see this board go. You're all like family to me, and I mean that (in Sammy Davis, Jr. voice). I also want to apologize to Jim for each and every time I was an asshole.

I'm really going to miss this place! :unsure:

I'd much rather find some way for Organissimo to stay in existence, even if Jim no longer wishes to run it. I'd hate to see all the posts and info gathered here over the years lost to cyberspace. Is it possible to keep the board database intact and simply transfer it all to another server? Or simply take it over from Jim?

If Jim were willing to do that, yes, I think it would be possible.

Chris: e-mail address is johnsond@indiana.edu

Still hope we find a way to simply keep this place going!

I just flat out refuse to go....even if they shut it down...I'm staying right here :(

m~

On a lighter note, remember the nutty wackiness that ensued as the BNBB slowly sank beneath the waves? With Greg Maltz strutting about deck, as it were, proclaiming that he would "indoctrinate" new members in the ways of audio and other matters? ^_^:o

Crap! I have been in and out sporadically over the last few weeks but this is new,bad news.

I want to say thanks to Jim for his patience and time keeping the board up and running in spite of mechanical mishaps and all the political garbage flying around but if there is another way please let us all know. As an occasional contributor I'd gladly pay a sub on a yearly basis.

I honestly feel like I could put an 'identity' against the handles that have become oh so familiar over the last few years; it will feel like a load of kindred spirits lost in the ether.

I don't know anyone who appreciates the same music as I.

Good luck with the family stuff Jim and hope the band keeps at it.

Thanks.

Edit: my email is antonymckenna@hotmail.com

Edited by tonym

My God, for this thread I need a fix of humour:

animal17.jpg

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

[thinks hard]

Bluto: the tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

[runs out, alone; then returns]

Bluto: What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...

Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: LET'S DO IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2YWHBFx3Zg...feature=related

And now back to the mourning and brotherly loves.

edit: don't take it literally Jim, I fully understand your problems, I mean, you know...best wishes, whatever you'll decide. I just need a comic fix because I am going down. :wub:

Edited by porcy62

that´s sad, sad news!!!

this is for me the place to get new informations about new jazz (re)-releases and other infos of interest. even if i don´t post so much i try to read organissimo everyday!

why we don´t all go over to the still existing aaj or speakeasy jazzcorner forums and enter it like pirates... if we are all over there it´s more interesting than now... :winky:

thanks for all the interesting years..

bicho@ngi.de

keep boppin´

marcel

Is it april the first ?

If it is indeed true, i am very sorry to see it go.

Moderation wise i thought the board was doing fine, if that's the reason of the closing, it's was done in a way too dramatic fashion. And it would be overreacting by the administration.

If it is a money thing, then that's another story but i'd like to read it from the administration instead of rumors spreading

Since it's the thread to say goodbye, i enjoyed tremendously the interaction with the members of this board, there was a real notion of collectivity and helpfulness about spreading information whether it was about a recording worth checking out or tipping us regarding a sale going on.

So thanks Jim and to all the members of this fine board.

berenguerboxe@hotmail.com

Sad to read this thread about the end of Big O!

I have been part of several BBs and I am actually a member of several jazz-related mail lists and yahoo groups.... but organissimo was (shit, I am talking past!) something special.

If this finally happens... BIG THANKS to Jim for his invaluable service to the jazz cybercommunity!

Chris, count me in for that alternative mail list! Here's my email:

ekebbbapg@yahoo.es

Sadly yours,

Agustín

why we don´t all go over to the still existing aaj or speakeasy jazzcorner forums and enter it like pirates... if we are all over there it´s more interesting than now... :winky:

To be honest, I think AAJ is on the sterile side for this group. Plus we did that after BNBB closed, and ruffled alot of the AAJ poster's feathers. Some of us stuck around there and post, but not too many post there in preference to posting here (maybe Bev Stapleton is the lone exception that I can think of).

Jazzcorner is maybe a little more similar, but the signal-to-noise ratio is much better here. For those that mainly post outside of the music threads, maybe Jazzcorner is worth considering.

SH Forums are too controlled, and there's not a sense of community there (IMO) - too many posters.

Maybe we should all descend on Musicboy's Norah Jones forum, if that still exists! :P

Oh No! I like it here so.

I'm on a food board whose denizens have migrated there from two other places - nary a one contention-free. And none as sofitticated about food as this place is about music. What does seem to work though is that two or three of a select crew of core, level-headed users rotate moderate for a few weeks at a time. I sure do hope all the wonderful info and exchanges here don't just disappear, however.

Guest Bill Barton

Oh, no! :unsure:

As a relative latecomer here I'm still going to miss this place if it disappears. Thank you to all of the band members for keeping it going.

FYI, my e-mail is: billb05401@hotmail.com

P.S. I'd vote for Allen as a moderator, meds or not!

Edited by Bill Barton

Wherever we go, there's got to be a live chat function! I can't fully annoy others unless it's "live!" :g

Well.........yeah! Conn speaks the truth.

I'll miss this space - it always seemed like a good combination of free speech without heavyhanded moderation. Must be a LOT of hard work keeping it going - both hardware-wise and software-wise.

As far as live chats, Google has some sort of "Chats" module as part of their GMail service. I haven't tried it out, but it might be worth looking into. For that matter, we could probably start a "Google Group" that could function as a message board without the hardware/software headaches of something like this.

I sent my email to Chris, BTW.

I'm: buck_crim (at) msn (dot) com (a.k.a. Tom Buck)

Having an otherwise mostly crappy day (due entirely to work-related stuff), so I'm not in the best of moods to post what I'd otherwise want to.

Gonna miss this place incredibly, and I have nothing but love and thanks to Jim for all the sweat and time he's put in to keep this place going. I'd chip $25 a year, easily, to keep this place afloat. Hell, make it $100.

Edited by Rooster_Ties