Moderators

Aggie87

But that's just it--anybody can toss off a joke or a little bit of sarcasm without bad intent, you or me or anyone, and it's no big deal for most people, but there might be collateral damage.

Maybe I'm being too earnest.

I hope so, because I've been doing this for fifty years now, and I'm not sure I can stop at this point. :crazy:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now there's a nice avatar for someDANone...

7/4, do you always have to be such a pathetic asshole!

This is precisely why I'm throwing my hat into the ring and campaigning for a moderator slot!!!

All those years of taking unseemly verbal shots in the political forum and never once having gone off my meds.... er, um, off the rails to swear at any ill-informed person who dared challenge my authority and encyclopaedic knowledge of both Congress & Weizenbier. Worry not, if elected, I'll have my old Ashcroft Senate staff pals fix me up with some surplus NSA surveillance cameras for quick installation in every forum (yes, even 'live' chat!! Two are going into that place!!) and order will be maintained. shadowbust-bowen.jpg

Herr Weizen, it is very, very good to see you here again.

now there's a nice avatar for someDANone...

7/4, do you always have to be such a pathetic asshole!

I will also will miss your wisdom Brownie.

edit: one minute you're posting a photo of a dead person, then you're calling me an asshole. you're too cool dude, rock on!

Edited by 7/4

Allen, I very much resent any comparison with Franco :excited:

Which reminds me that I was driving out of Spain in 1975 near the end of holidays in that beautiful country when I heard over the radio that the General was dying.

Checked with my head office and was ordered to proceed at once to Madrid where Franco's death was expected any minute.

It did not take minutes or months but several weeks.

After three weeks of a boring assignment, I was told to head back to Paris and wait for the actual death.

It finally occured on November 20, 1975. I managed to board an early flight to Madrid and arrive there just in time to transmit the first official images to the world of Franco lying in state.

cr4-1.jpg

And I'm not planning to do a Franco.

A few more days to go...

Enjoy while it lasts :P

Guy, how were you able to get him to pose for you? :huh:

What?!? :o Egads!!! Comrade Weizen has escaped from Camp Re-Education and Egalitarian Paradise!!! Comrade, you simply must return at once... we have not finished re-distributing your imported mini-LP wealth!!! :excited: (Not to mention that you'll miss tomorrow's exciting singalong session of tractor anthems!!!)

What?!? :o Egads!!! Comrade Weizen has escaped from Camp Re-Education and Egalitarian Paradise!!!

Damn straight! Once they took away all of my Ayn Rand books and cancelled the Wall Street Journal (weekly 'Kolyma' edition) subscription, I bolted! As you can see, Red, the guards weren't what you'd call Yale or Princeton material......escape wasn't all that difficult.

drunkspacepig.jpg

Um, I'm pretty sure Chris was joking.

Obviously I was only joking around.

There seemed to be no better time and opening for a BS line like that so I went with it.

Tom Storer I know what you're saying, but I was just kind of testing the waters. Under different circumstances I would probably have used this ;) smilie.

Rachel recognized the funny and responded accordingly.

No doubt she has been paying attention to the "what's for dinner" thread and knows I'm doing most if not all of the cooking at my place. As a trade off though, my lady does indeed iron my shirts. Fair is fair. :)

It was precisely Catesta's timing and the use of <_< that had me doing an involuntary spit take. I do see Tom's point, also, but it was hilarious *because* it was so over the top. I am very familiar with Catesta's humor (don't ever change!) and saw the irony of the post because he is such a fabulous cook, but I can't imagine any woman taking that line seriously and not seeing it for what it was... a perfectly timed one liner.

I'm still giggling when I re-read it. ^_^

Allen, I very much resent any comparison with Franco :excited:

Which reminds me that I was driving out of Spain in 1975 near the end of holidays in that beautiful country when I heard over the radio that the General was dying.

Checked with my head office and was ordered to proceed at once to Madrid where Franco's death was expected any minute.

It did not take minutes or months but several weeks.

After three weeks of a boring assignment, I was told to head back to Paris and wait for the actual death.

It finally occured on November 20, 1975. I managed to board an early flight to Madrid and arrive there just in time to transmit the first official images to the world of Franco lying in state.

cr4-1.jpg

And I'm not planning to do a Franco.

A few more days to go...

Enjoy while it lasts :P

Guy, how were you able to get him to pose for you? :huh:

Ron, should have elaborated some more...

I did not take that photo of Franco lying in state. No photographers were allowed at that scene. Only one official photographer (whose photos were then distributed to the photo agencies) was summoned for that job!

Saw Franco a couple of times when he was still alive (notably when Nixon came to Madrid on an official visit).

Well.......my name is Reinier and I like (adore, worship, love, etc.) Blue Note. Yes, it's that simple. Rein is short for Reinier and you can figure out the rest I assume!!!! :cool:

Reinier=awesome name! Too bad I've already named my son.

Just rename him. Right click son -> choose "rename" from context menu.

Edited by rockefeller center

Well.......my name is Reinier and I like (adore, worship, love, etc.) Blue Note. Yes, it's that simple. Rein is short for Reinier and you can figure out the rest I assume!!!! :cool:

Reinier=awesome name! Too bad I've already named my son.

Just rename him. Right click son -> choose "rename" from context menu.

:lol: Thanks! I needed that.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just started to read this and I'm a moderator on another non-jazz board, a lot smaller than this.

Because this one is so big, I suggest moderators for different forums. Moderating can be very time consuming and to make it easier, several is probably best.

I'm sorry Brownie is leaving, a real gentleman and a loss to this Board but I understand his reasons.

you could call yourself bloodreign if you want to be tougher. or bloodyrain but i like bloodreign better. it sounds like a bad movie.