Rare Brit album reissued

RogerF

Just found new CD reissue (2007) of Ken Moule's "Adam's Rib Suite" feat Kenny Wheeler, Louis Stewart, Ronnie Stevenson and others + strings. This is quite a surprise as it's one of these records you don't expect ever to be reissued and I only stumbled upon it quite by chance. The catalogue number is: ACMCD 4259 and from the original stereo record of 1971. Anything with Louis Stewart and Kenny has to be pretty good I would have thought and Moule was an interesting composer and arranger judging by his 'Jazz at Toad Hall' album. This just could be the serendiptous find of the week/month/year.

Update: the label is Acrobat but the sleeve displays the original Ember label. The sleevenotes which are extensive are anonymous save for the reproduction of Benny Green's original sleevenotes. This is a very interesting recording.

Oh damn - don't remind me of that one , Roger. I once passed on a £20 original LP because I thought £20 was too much (what a moron) - even though the 'period' cover nude is worth the price of admission irrespective of how well Kenny Wheeler plays on it.

I could cry... :rcry

Edited by sidewinder

Oh damn - don't remind me of that one , Roger. I once passed on a £20 original LP because I thought £20 was too much (what a moron) - even though the 'period' cover nude is worth the price of admission irrespective of how well Kenny Wheeler plays on it.

I could cry... :rcry

I've done worse through my own ignorance and stupidity, eg, I once owned the ultra rare 'Oliv' by S.M.E. but got rid of it 'because I didn't get it' (this was when I was but a teenager in the early 70's), again with Kenny Wheeler.

spontaneous.jpg

Edited by RogerF

And here 'tis. They don't do cover art like that any more.. :)

51Du6SdVz8L._AA240_.jpg

The bizarre thing about this one is no word about it straight out of the blue from a relatively unknown label for this particular type of jazz. A bit like the McNair reissue. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining but if I hadn't been at loose end on Monday and wandering around HMV I'd have been none the wiser. Adds to my somewhat optimistic theory that, given time, everything from the elusive back catalogue of jazz will be reissued. Even 'Windmill Tilter'! Kenny again!

As for rare Brit-jazz LPs, I have just secured a vinyl copy of 'Reflections' by Amancio D'Silva on the Columbia/Lansdowne series ^_^ . Promises to be a good one - albeit fairly easy-ish listening. Amancio's guitar backed by orchestra arranged by Stan Tracey and David Mack from 1971. Wonder if we'll ever see that one on CD? Or 'Cosmic Eye - Dream Sequence' for that matter.

Edited by sidewinder