The next organissimo record on vinyl?

Would you buy the next organissimo record on vinyl?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't want to be positive, but surely the band being in debt for several years from the last CD indicates that financial success can't be measured purely by the profits arising from sales? The band is a financial success if its total income from all sources suffices for whatever the members want money for to the extent that they're prepared to stay with it. I'm sure they'd say that recording helps get more or better paying gigs.

MG

I'd be willing to pay as much as $50 for a vinyl copy of this. However, I'd be doing it to support Organissimo. I won't go that high for other LPs.

BTW, as much as many perusing this thread are going to hate hearing this, if you want a guarantee of a few hundred sales, have Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray press it for you. Find out his price and see if the premium is worth the extra sales. He has a large following and they buy his work.

I'd be willing to pay as much as $50 for a vinyl copy of this. However, I'd be doing it to support Organissimo. I won't go that high for other LPs.

BTW, as much as many perusing this thread are going to hate hearing this, if you want a guarantee of a few hundred sales, have Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray press it for you. Find out his price and see if the premium is worth the extra sales. He has a large following and they buy his work.

This makes sense, commercially speaking... but first delete all the SH related threads that went on the forum and buy some spare muzzles for members... :ph34r:

BTW I would love to buy your next album in vinyl, but I'd do it in cd as well, though vinyl... :wub:

Edited by porcy62

Vinyl might be a collectible if it's got some age on it, say 40 or 50 years. I probably(tsk) won't live long enough for it to be "true" collectible.

This is partially wrong, a thing can be collectible as far as it's no longer, or scarcely, available, look at all limited editions like Mosaic.

Overall I think that something is collectible as far as exist collectors ready to pay for it.

Obviously since most collectors are nuts and all are earth-borns you'll never know if something produced todays in small numbers in order to be collectible today will be collectible tomorrow.

Edited by porcy62

I would definitely buy it, but not if it's more than 25 or 30 bucks. I'm guessing a 100 limited lp would probably cost more. Maybe you should think about 300 or 500 pressings.

At least 80 percent of the music I've bought since August 2004 has been on vinyl. I gave up my turntable by 1989 or 90, but have reclaimed it very happily. I'm not an audiophile, and I remember Chuck saying how pressing qualities have declined. But most of the new records I've bought I've been happy with. I have bought atrocious pressings from some labels. The Okka Disk limited Brotzmanns were a disappointment, and usually the major label vinyl efforts seem crappier than the indie labels, especially the rock stuff from Matador, Merge, Jagjaguwar, Sub Pop.

This is a good thing to contemplate, as CD sales falter and vinyl sales increase (even if it's only slightly).