Baseball Steroid Thread

The thing that gets me about Ortiz is the hypocrisy of Red Sox fans, anybody with half a brain cell would see that it was so f-ing obvious. Six years with the Twins he was a marginal player at best, never hitting more than 20 home runs. Do you really think the Twins who are the smallest of small market teams in the worst stadium in MLB yet continue to be competitive year in and year out because of player evaluation would just give up on a player like Ortiz?

Seriously, what's next. Oh its ok because everybody else was doing it? Conveniently forgetting the accusations you made about Bonds and A-Rod. Must be nice. The tests are from 03 not 04 or 07? Spare me.

OK then, lets strip the 04 championship and give it to the next best team of that year which was the Yankees...oh wait A-Rod and Giambi were on the juice well then lets strip them...and give it to the Cards..oh wait how long will it it take for Pujols name to surface?

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The funny part is everyone wants to put an 'asterisk and strip things...how about something better than that ..HOW ABOUT GIVING THE FANS ALL THEIR MONEY BACK!!!!!....who gives a crap about an 'asterisk. I know season ticket holders that spent a lot of hard earned cash to watch all these cheaters.

I guess steroids make you fat, huh, WB3?

As for Bonds and A-Rod, there is abundant evidence everywhere you look about their long-term use. A-Rod copped to it. If Bonds wasn't on the juice, he's the only BALCO client who didn't get the good stuff. And we know all the other evidence of Bonds' juicing.

Ortiz had a hole in his swing. No one ever said steroids fixes a hole in your swing.

Bottom line is this:

Its obvious what Ortiz is getting ready to do. Ortiz is going to say he must have tested positive due to a supplement he used. In other words, he is going to lay down the gauntlet: "I never knowingly used, and when testing with penalties started, I made sure to stop using any supplements that might cause a positive test." That denial is a Gary Hart style challenge to all of the steroid hounds out there. He's putting his entire reputation on a statement that he never knowingly used. So let's see what happens. Let's see if anyone puts the needle in his trainer's hand. If anyone finds any real dirt.

Then I'll hang the guy out to dry.

Drew, I am afraid you don't really have a clue about anything.

There's been no greater "crackdown" in 2008 to explain Ortiz' decline - AND HE HAD A MAJOR WRIST INJURY!. Nothing changed in 2008, except for Ortiz' injury. There was no change to the testing regime, and no change to the penalties. Its ridiculous of you to assert otherwise.

As for a federal law limiting the pay for athlete/entertainers in a multi-billion dollar industry? I suggest you take that to the Politics forum, where the ridiculous always gets a few "hallelujah"s. Otherwise, I can only say, what planet do you live on?

He's

Dan, I really think Ortiz is finished. Last year, which I believe is the year when the crackdown on steroids took hold in MLB, is the same timeframe when Papi started to lose his mojo. This year his stats don't make him eligable for AAA ball, let alone being the DH.

I haven't been to his Framinham restaurant (Steak House) but I've heard that the meat isn't very good. I'm told that they marinate it (juice-it is a better term) and spice it up hot so it appears better than it really is.

The manager at Legal Seafoods next door to Papis new restaurant told me its the same owners as the old restaurant that Ortiz is just letting them use his name.

I found this interesting statement from Bronson Arroyo on ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4368436

Arroyo, who pitched for the Red Sox from 2003 to 2005, said he took androstenedione, which was banned in 2004, as well as amphetamines, which were banned in 2006, according to the Herald report. He said he gave up taking andro, a steroid precursor, when a rumor spread through baseball that due to lax production standards, some of it was laced with steroids.

Mandatory testing for performance-enhancing drugs in Major League Baseball began in 2004.

"Before 2004, none of us paid any attention to anything we took," he said, according to the Herald. "Now they don't want us to take anything unless it's approved. But back then, who knows what was in stuff? The FDA wasn't regulating stuff, not unless it was killing people or people were dying from it."

Arroyo said he started taking taking andro after 1998, after a season with the Pirates' Double-A affiliate. "Andro made me feel great, I felt like a monster. I felt like I could jump and hit my head on the basketball rim," he said, according to the report.

You know, I find it absolutely fascinating how anyone can justify Ortiz [or Manny or A-Rod] and still run down Bonds.

I said years ago that if true, Bonds wouldn't be the only one. I further stated that a vast majority of star players had to be juicing for the HR totals to increase exponentially each year. When that sham steroids investigation was completed and not one BoSox player was listed [principally, I said, since the ex-senator in charge was a stockholder] I called foul.

All of which was met with derision, insults from a certain arrogantly smug BoSox fan and character assassination. Guess what? I was right.

Where is the lynch mob mentality now?

Edited by GoodSpeak

As for Bonds and A-Rod, there is abundant evidence everywhere you look about their long-term use. A-Rod copped to it. If Bonds wasn't on the juice, he's the only BALCO client who didn't get the good stuff. And we know all the other evidence of Bonds' juicing.

Ortiz had a hole in his swing. No one ever said steroids fixes a hole in your swing.

Bottom line is this:

Its obvious what Ortiz is getting ready to do. Ortiz is going to say he must have tested positive due to a supplement he used. In other words, he is going to lay down the gauntlet: "I never knowingly used, and when testing with penalties started, I made sure to stop using any supplements that might cause a positive test." That denial is a Gary Hart style challenge to all of the steroid hounds out there. He's putting his entire reputation on a statement that he never knowingly used. So let's see what happens. Let's see if anyone puts the needle in his trainer's hand. If anyone finds any real dirt.

I see.

So you'll do the wait and see with your guy Ortiz, but gleefully blast away at Bonds, disavow any BoSox connection to MannyRoid then justify a wrist injury for Ortiz.

Maybe Ortiz was eating the wrong hot dogs and drinking the wrong beer too, huh.

Gary Hart indeed. Pssh. This punk-out is worthy of the Sarah Palin flake award. Amazing myopia, Dan....even for you.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Bottom line is this:

I see.

So you'll do the wait and see with your guy Ortiz, but gleefully blast away at Bonds, disavow any BoSox connection to MannyRoid then justify a wrist injury for Ortiz.

Gary Hart indeed. Pssh. This punk-out is worthy of the Sarah Palin flake award. Amazing myopia, Dan....even for you.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

You'd be 100% wrong though.

Bottom line is this:

I see.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

You'd be 100% wrong though.

Nope! That would be a total fabrication.

The posts you have made on this topic are here on this BBS for all to see, Dan.

You make excuses for Ortiz but blast away at Bonds and insult his supporters. Can't beg off on this one.

Dan needs a talk show.

What would they call it?

Jerry Springer Show is already taken.

Dan Sox It To Ya

Dan's Sox Yarns

Line Drive Time with Dan

Fanway Park With Dan

If the Glove Fits

Dan's Hour of Power

Dan's Way Back, Back, Back, Back Machine

You're Outta Here!

Danned If You Do, Danned If You Don't